Best Way To Do Juicy Logo On Bag Without Ei Printer?

Decorating By Kiddiekakes Updated 7 Mar 2012 , 2:38pm by Paytonsbox

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 5 Mar 2012 , 11:49pm
post #1 of 7

is there an easy way to transfer the Juicy logo onto the bag without an edible image...I have an order for the Juicy Couture pink bag but I don't have a EI printer...

Any suggestions?

Thanks thumbs_up.gif

6 replies
LisaBerczel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LisaBerczel Posted 6 Mar 2012 , 1:11am
post #2 of 7

What are you working on? Something firm like fondant or gum paste?

You can take a print out that is 100% to size, airbrush (or hand paint) colored cocoa back and have an instant "carbonless" transfer. Use a stylus to trace the design. Now you have an accurate transfer that can be hand painted.

suzied Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suzied Posted 6 Mar 2012 , 1:44am
post #3 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaBerczel

What are you working on? Something firm like fondant or gum paste?

You can take a print out that is 100% to size, airbrush (or hand paint) colored cocoa back and have an instant "carbonless" transfer. Use a stylus to trace the design. Now you have an accurate transfer that can be hand painted.

Sorry to hijak, cannot understand the coloured cocoa back - please explain. i know you can use tracing paper and get the impression on the object, whats with the cocoa? would love to know Lisa.. thanks

LisaBerczel Posted 6 Mar 2012 , 1:50am
post #4 of 7

I replace the carbon paper with colored cocoa butter that has been painted in a THIN layer onto the back of the design paper... it accomplishes the same task as carbon paper.

Colored cocoa butter comes in a wide variety of colors and is my favorite edible for hand painting.

suzied Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suzied Posted 6 Mar 2012 , 2:13am
post #5 of 7

Ok. understood. thanks. instead of the carbon imprint on the object, its a cocoa imprint that you get on the object. some time ago a teacher told me to use a coloured pencil at the back of the design and then trace over it. then turn over and trace the design over the object .once finished the coloured pencil leaves the design on the object. Your way seems to be easier.

LisaBerczel Posted 6 Mar 2012 , 2:36am
post #6 of 7

Yep... that's it.
You may even be able to "scribble" the back with a chunk of chocolate.

I use airbrushes a lot - so they are my "go to" even though they may not always be practical for most.

Paytonsbox Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Paytonsbox Posted 7 Mar 2012 , 2:38pm
post #7 of 7

Hi guys,

I am new to the site, also new to making cakes. I think I have an idea but I'm not really sure; I really need to know how to do this technique. I need to get just the logo on the cake by itself I am posting a link below to show an example. Any help would be greatly appreciated! I am trying to get it onto orange fondant, with just the black Juicy couture logo as seen on the cake in the link. Thank you in advance.

http://www.passionforcakes.com/cakegallery/ViewCakes.asp?cake=179

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%