Best Buttercream Recipes

Decorating By Nutmeg84 Updated 5 Mar 2012 , 10:38pm by Nutmeg84

Nutmeg84 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nutmeg84 Posted 4 Mar 2012 , 8:47pm
post #1 of 3

Can anyone give me a great buttercream recipe that has been the easiest and best to use for crumb coat and top layer for fondant cakes? Also, is the crumb coat just a thin layer of the same buttercream that is just let set on the cake for a while or is it a thicker or different recipe? Thank you!!! God Bless ~Nutmeg84 icon_biggrin.gif

2 replies
sweettreat101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettreat101 Posted 5 Mar 2012 , 1:47am
post #2 of 3

A cake decorator in Maryland gave me this recipe twelve years ago and I have tried many recipes and always go back to the original. I love this recipe. 2 pounds powdered sugar, 1 1/2 cups Hi ratio or icing shortening, 1/2 cup salted butter, 2 tablespoons clear vanilla and 1/3 cup water or non dairy coffee creamer. Whip until light and fluffy.

Nutmeg84 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nutmeg84 Posted 5 Mar 2012 , 10:38pm
post #3 of 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweettreat101

A cake decorator in Maryland gave me this recipe twelve years ago and I have tried many recipes and always go back to the original. I love this recipe. 2 pounds powdered sugar, 1 1/2 cups Hi ratio or icing shortening, 1/2 cup salted butter, 2 tablespoons clear vanilla and 1/3 cup water or non dairy coffee creamer. Whip until light and fluffy.

Thank you so much for your post! I appreciate it so much and I will give it a try! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%