Friday Night Cake Club 3/2/12

Decorating By catlharper Updated 3 Mar 2012 , 7:25am by auntginn

catlharper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catlharper Posted 3 Mar 2012 , 3:57am
post #1 of 11

Hi everyone!

Opening up another session of the FNCC! Who's up and whatcha workin' on?
Cat

10 replies
catlharper Posted 3 Mar 2012 , 4:02am
post #2 of 11

Hi there,

Sorry I'm a bit late...crumbcoating was taking a bit longer than I anticipated! I'm working on a laundry basket shower cake. The fondant decorations are all done and waiting but I had to carve the basket and crumbcoat it so it can set up and settle overnight so I can basketweave it tomorrow!

We are working this shower as well so while I'm typing now, my partner is printing out plate inserts for all the dinner plates and we finished the favors earlier. Getting as much done tonight and tomorrow as possible so set up is much easier on Sunday!

How is everyone else? My only other job this weekend was cupcakes for a repeat client. She needed dinner party cupcakes at the last minute so I said SURE. What WAS I thinking? LOL! So this morning started off with baking cupcakes, decorating and then delivering in the midst of everything else.

Hope everyone is having a great night!

Cat

DeniseNH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeniseNH Posted 3 Mar 2012 , 4:09am
post #3 of 11

Just completed a cake decorating class. Never do them and now I know why. Boy what a lot of work. Tons of stuff to remember to bring. BUT all students said that now that they know what it takes to decorate a cake, they'll appreciate and readily pay for their next cake.

cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 3 Mar 2012 , 4:13am
post #4 of 11

I had hoped to start baking tonight, but time ran out. I'm making a Holly Hobby and a Robbie cake for my sister's birthday. However, my great niece and nephew are here for the weekend so I managed to make brownies for brownie sundaes and that's about it. I didn't even get them showered before they pooped out on me. I guess I'm tiring. lol

I'm wondering how Leah's doing tonight? There's been some nasty weather.

catlharper Posted 3 Mar 2012 , 4:15am
post #5 of 11

Believe me, taking the class is as overwhelming! LOL! I took a Masters Class last year and was completely overwhelmed and so amazed I reached the end AND passed! But I learned SOOOO much that it was worth it. I've never taught tho' so maybe it's even harder.

Cat

catlharper Posted 3 Mar 2012 , 4:44am
post #6 of 11

What is a Robbie cake???

I have good friends in Nashville and their daughter was working today when the storm really hit...she said it was simply terrifying!

Cat

cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 3 Mar 2012 , 5:23am
post #7 of 11

Robbie is Holly Hobby's friend. I found two old Wilton pans at thrift stores. My sister really like Holly Hobby as a kid, so I'm going to make the cakes and then give her the pans.

catlharper Posted 3 Mar 2012 , 5:27am
post #8 of 11

Oh, ok...LOL...I know who she is but not who he is...was never much of a fan.

Cat

docofthedead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
docofthedead Posted 3 Mar 2012 , 6:28am
post #9 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by catlharper

What is a Robbie cake???

I have good friends in Nashville and their daughter was working today when the storm really hit...she said it was simply terrifying!

Cat

I'm in Nashville too...The weather is really calm now, probably too calm! I think it's all past us now though!!
usaribbon.gif

catlharper Posted 3 Mar 2012 , 6:37am
post #10 of 11

Well, that's really good news! We are clear here in CA...cold but clear. The winds kicked up this afternoon which just made it colder but no more rain, thank goodness!

Well, folks, I'm outta here for tonight. At my younger daughters for an event we are working on Sunday and the 10 mos old grandson is an early bird...he's gonna be up way before I even think I want to be so I'm gonna head off to bed.

Safe deliveries! Post your photos of what you are working on so we can see it too?

thanx!
Cat

auntginn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntginn Posted 3 Mar 2012 , 7:25am
post #11 of 11

Working on a cake for quinceanera that takes place tomorrow. A very simple but sweet cake. 3 tierred, top and bottom chocolate w/chocolate mouse filling and middle tier red velvet w/cc filling. Only needs to feed 125ppl, so won't take a lot of time.

Got it all done up to coating at this point. Will lay fondant and assemble tomorrow.

Have a good nite all.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%