Are The Metal Cake Stackers Worth The Money?

Decorating By Sharis Updated 3 Mar 2012 , 2:01am by costumeczar

Sharis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sharis Posted 2 Mar 2012 , 11:30pm
post #1 of 4

Has anyone ever used the metal cake stackers for muli tiered cakes? They are very expensive and was wondering if anyone else thought they were worth the cost. I was looking at the pro series 14 on cackstackers.com

3 replies
costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 3 Mar 2012 , 12:05am
post #2 of 4

Personally I'd say no, but I don't like to have equipment floating around that I have to get back from clients, etc. If you learn to build a cake the right way it's unlikely that it will flip over unless you really try. And if you did trip and went headfirst with a cake it isn't going to matter what kind of stacking system it has, it's going down!

Sharis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sharis Posted 3 Mar 2012 , 1:44am
post #3 of 4

What technique do you use for stacking cakes? I'm still learning and trying to develop my skills. So I would appreciate your input.

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 3 Mar 2012 , 2:01am
post #4 of 4

There are a few different things you can use. People will swear by one method or another, so it's really personal preference. I use the basic wooden dowels but I use tuff board cake boards, not cardboard rounds. Some people swear by bubble tea straws. I bet if you do a search for how to stack a cake you'll find videos on YouTube and lots of posts about things that people like to use.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%