Egg Shell Cupcakes!

Baking By shuswapcakes Updated 4 Mar 2012 , 2:33am by cheffie

shuswapcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shuswapcakes Posted 1 Mar 2012 , 7:48pm
post #1 of 9

Okay, I just tried making these last night and they turned out awsome! My husband thought I was losing my mind but then after he tried them he was my biggest fan icon_smile.gif I can't wait to make these for easter!!

Here's the tutorial link:

http://www.easy-cake-decorating.com/egg-shell-cupcakes.html

8 replies
Bridgette1129 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bridgette1129 Posted 1 Mar 2012 , 8:28pm
post #2 of 9

I learned in my ServSafe class that salmonella can live on the outside of egg shells. I'm unsure if it would be killed in the oven (most likely).

MsGF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MsGF Posted 1 Mar 2012 , 9:00pm
post #3 of 9

The salt water soaking and baking will kill the Salmonella Bacteria. If it happens to be there at all.

I think it is very neat. Thanks for sharing. I might try it too.

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 2 Mar 2012 , 7:47am
post #4 of 9

According to the egg board, only high heat pasteurization will kill it. These are unsafe per the HD, egg board, and the FDA. Look it up. Do not get your food safety tips from this site. There are the egg board, dairy board, .gov sites, and the FDA site that will answer all questions. Also a quick call to your local HD will show you just how dangerous this practice actually is.

Be sure you understand what you are doing. These products can be fatal in the highly succeptible groups. And people don't know in advance if they are succeptible. This is why people don't do this. Cute, but deadly.

I hope people will not just look at your cute picture and not read the thread, because threads like this are a hazard to public health.

There was a similar thread about baked goods in egg cartons. Same thing.

I would like to suggest that the OP have this thread removed.

Cakery2012 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakery2012 Posted 2 Mar 2012 , 7:53am
post #5 of 9

I also hate to be a downer but I dont find them appetizing.

Cakery2012 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakery2012 Posted 2 Mar 2012 , 7:56am
post #6 of 9

I also hate to be a downer but I dont find them appetizing.

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 2 Mar 2012 , 6:10pm
post #7 of 9

Wouldn't being baked in the shell kill of the bacteria? Anyway these seem like WAY more work than they are worth! lol

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 3 Mar 2012 , 9:47am
post #8 of 9

KoryAK, not per the egg board. It moust be processed through high heat pasteurization.

cheffie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheffie Posted 4 Mar 2012 , 2:33am
post #9 of 9

Im sorry to tell you but salt water WILL NOT REPEAT WILL NOT KILL SALMONELLA!!!! ONLY A MILD BLEACH SOLUTION WILL DO THE TRICK and that is not recommended. Sorry cheffie

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%