Please Help Me Decorate This Cake!!!

Decorating By amsegu Updated 2 Mar 2012 , 5:51am by mommachris

amsegu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amsegu Posted 1 Mar 2012 , 5:06am
post #1 of 8

So I've done a sketch of a cake that a customer wants for her wedding. She likes the idea of a cherry blossom cake with the branches climbing the cake...but I don't see it looking good on a maple leaf shaped cake. The cake doesn't necassarily have to be brown. Her colors are latté brown and a light blue but she's also looking at incorporating pink, yellow and maybe green as accent colors. The base color can be white.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how this can be decorated? Doesn't matter if it's flowers, lines, scrolls...etc. I just can't seem to get my mind around what else might look good with a maple leaf shaped cake.[/img]

7 replies
shanter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanter Posted 1 Mar 2012 , 6:03am
post #2 of 8

Couldn't see the image.

IvyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
IvyCakes Posted 1 Mar 2012 , 6:23am
post #3 of 8

I have tried to think of something... I can't get past the maple leaf tier shapes. T__T Why did they decide on tiers shaped like that?

amsegu Posted 1 Mar 2012 , 4:33pm
post #4 of 8

You can click on the picture to make it bigger icon_smile.gif She wants it leaf shaped because her soon to be hubby loves the Toronto Maple Leafs hockey team and he wanted something incorporated. She doesn't seem willing to budge on the shape of the tiers unfortunately. I've attached another picture for better viewing.

shuswapcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shuswapcakes Posted 1 Mar 2012 , 7:17pm
post #5 of 8

Sorry, still can't see the image icon_sad.gif I think a maple leaf shape cake actually sounds really beautiful - I guess I have a "vision" in my head though. Can't wait to see a picture icon_smile.gif

thecakecow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecakecow Posted 2 Mar 2012 , 12:34am
post #6 of 8

What about softening the edges of the leaves, making it a not-so-obvious shape. The curves and dips of the maple leaf could be really lovely with the cherry blossom branches.

Or maybe convince her to make the maple leaf into a groom's cake!

amsegu Posted 2 Mar 2012 , 5:21am
post #7 of 8

I hadn't thought of offering it as a grooms cake! What a great idea. I'll see if she'll go for it.

mommachris Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommachris Posted 2 Mar 2012 , 5:51am
post #8 of 8

I was just about to suggest the groom's cake solution, too.
That way his maple leaf will look like a maple leaf and not be hidden under her lovely cherry blossoms.
icon_biggrin.gif
mommachris

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%