Waxed Vs. Greaseproof

Baking By Sweet-Inspirations Updated 18 May 2014 , 11:33am by MrsGoldenCity

Sweet-Inspirations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweet-Inspirations Posted 29 Feb 2012 , 2:08am
post #1 of 8

what's the difference between waxed cupcake liner and greaseproof cupcake liners?

I'm looking for a liner that will not become oily/somewhat translucent after baking. I also want to be able to still see the designs on it. For example: on valentines day I baked red velvet cupcakes in a cupcake line that was decorated with hearts and pink/red stripes, but after it was cooked, you could barely see the pattern on the liner.

7 replies
scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 29 Feb 2012 , 6:44am
post #2 of 8

You will need a high quality greaseproof liner. They are hard to find in those decorative papers. And just because they call them greaseproof, does not mean they are good quality.

I can't help you on the print liners because I haven't found one that is good. If you are a home baker, Reynold's has the high quality ones, but the selection is limited.

I wanted prints for my bakery but could not find any suitable. I now only use brown parchment tulip liners.

MsMonica Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MsMonica Posted 29 Feb 2012 , 8:25pm
post #3 of 8

From my experience, depending on the color of the cake, the design is very difficult to see. Sometimes i double line, white for baking and design on the outside. You can bake it together or add the designer cupcake on the outside afterwards. I know its a total waste of money to double up but I buy the huge wholesale package of white baking cups from my local bakery wholesaler.

planetsomsom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
planetsomsom Posted 1 Mar 2012 , 4:42am
post #4 of 8

I'm with MsMonica... It just seems impossible to keep the wrappers in top condition after they've gone through the oven. Putting on a fresh wrapper after baking looks very good! No drips, no discolouration, no misshaping, they just look clean and fresh!

I guess if you don't want to double up, you could always bake without the liners. They'll rise higher and faster and require a bit more panning prep but you'd get fresh wrappers without buying extras.

BettyWalker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BettyWalker Posted 1 Mar 2012 , 9:39am
post #5 of 8

I don't know difference between waxed cupcake liner and greaseproof cupcake liners but if you get the answer then please tell me. I also want to know.

att coupon

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 1 Mar 2012 , 10:18am
post #6 of 8

The ones I buy look the same before and after baking. I just used both the greaseproof and the Reynold's tonight on RV cake. I sold the greaseproof ones and the extra batter went in the Reynold's black and white damask for my family.

Vivlia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Vivlia Posted 15 May 2014 , 12:47pm
post #7 of 8

I can see this is an old thread, but I was thinking about the same thing.

I am totally satisfied with culpitt baking cases, the colours and designs remain 100% the same after baking, but there are not many interesting designs available. Culpitt brand comes from northern England, btw.

MrsGoldenCity Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsGoldenCity Posted 18 May 2014 , 11:33am
post #8 of 8

AI buy the Culpitt foil liners and they are wonderful. I have to order them from the UK (no good quality baking supplies in my country!) but they are worth it. Perfect size and they don't discolor or show any grease. I think it just looks really professional.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%