Internal Structure For Doll Cake Help Please

Decorating By tina32 Updated 29 Feb 2012 , 3:08am by tina32

tina32 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tina32 Posted 27 Feb 2012 , 5:27pm
post #1 of 5

Hi everyone, I need some help with the internal structure for a doll cake. The cake is suppose to look like a porcelain doll. I have molds for the head and arms but am having some trouble figuring the best way to support them. I know I need an internal support but not sur how. All help greatly appreciated. Thanks Tina

4 replies
Marianna46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marianna46 Posted 28 Feb 2012 , 3:01am
post #2 of 5

If you don't have the whole upper torso for a doll cake in porcelain or plastic, I would make a torso of gumpaste to place the arms and head in and then dress the doll. As far as supports in the cake itself, it would depend on the size, but you should support it just like any regular cake.

tina32 Posted 28 Feb 2012 , 4:17am
post #3 of 5

I'm sorry I wasn't clear. The cake is the body of the doll. I am making the arms & head from gum paste/fondant and have to have the structure to make them stable. I will be fixing the clothes from fondant as well. It's the first time I have tried something like this. I have it in my mind just not positive how to make. Thanks for the advice

Marianna46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marianna46 Posted 28 Feb 2012 , 5:55pm
post #4 of 5

Wow, that sounds really hard! I'm sorry I don't have any better advice for you. Does the body really have to be cake, or could it be something like Rice Krispy Treats. Those can be molded into sturdy shapes, but are still edible. You could mold it around a rather large center dowel. I just can't imagine cake being sturdy enough to withstand the tall, thin shape of a doll's torso. I'd really be interested in seeing how your cake turns out, though, and I wish you the best of luck. Post us a photo or a link when it's done, okay?

tina32 Posted 29 Feb 2012 , 3:08am
post #5 of 5

Thanks - I think I am going to make the body of the doll cake with it sitting. I was afraid of the weight of t he head and arms but I think I have it figured out- hopefully. Lol thanks for the advice. When it comes together I hope to post it. icon_wink.gif thanks again! Tina

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%