How Do You Make Little Butterflies To Top Cupcakes?

Decorating By Debbye27 Updated 23 Feb 2012 , 2:03am by shanter

Debbye27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Debbye27 Posted 22 Feb 2012 , 9:29pm
post #1 of 5

I wanted to do a flower garden theme, and was wondering how people make the little butterflies...out of fondant? Is there a cutter that people use for this?

4 replies
jgifford Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jgifford Posted 22 Feb 2012 , 9:41pm
post #2 of 5

I use the plunger cutters and fondant/gumpaste for these. They cut and imprint a design at the same time.

sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 22 Feb 2012 , 9:46pm
post #3 of 5

You can get a GREAT price on the plunger sets on eBay. Search fondant plungers. Sets of 20+plungers are $20 where at my local cake shop it's $27 for just 3 plungers

cdgleason Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cdgleason Posted 22 Feb 2012 , 10:11pm
post #4 of 5

I LOVE putting gumpaste butterflies on my cakes, so I have a set of cutters/embossers that is one of my favorite cutters...

I have a cake on my photos stream and you can see what kind of butterflies this cutter set produces...(not the cherry blossom cake)
check out the pink and white cake!
good luck!! ~~

shanter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanter Posted 23 Feb 2012 , 2:03am
post #5 of 5

You can buy already-printed wafer paper with butterflies at Fancy Flours:
When you have time, you might want to read this thread:
The gelatin butterflies are beautiful.

Quote by @%username% on %date%