Cake Topper Design

Decorating By dimbim Updated 23 Feb 2012 , 1:52am by msthang1224

dimbim Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dimbim Posted 21 Feb 2012 , 9:45pm
post #1 of 4

Dear All,

Does any one know how i can make the design on top of the cake in the link below. I found it on the pinkcakebox (i really really admire her designs and exceptional neat jobs) website, my customer will like such on her daughter's dedication cake. I think some cutters must have been used as the edges look pretty neat. Any idea/suggestions will be highly appreciated.

thanks

http://www.pinkcakebox.com/images/cake1250.jpg

3 replies
msthang1224 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msthang1224 Posted 22 Feb 2012 , 2:22am
post #2 of 4

Hi,

I'm not sure the large white and fucshia colored design was done with a cutter or not; but If you look at the pic really close, you will see that the white triangles were added seperately as well as the small leaf looking fuschia design was too. My take on it is that the entire design was hand cutter. Maybe from using a template. I took a purse class with her last year and she is very very good with an xacto knife icon_smile.gif I mean, really clean work!!

Maybe you could try to mimic the design on paper and then cut a parchment copy out and use as a template icon_smile.gif
HTH

dimbim Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dimbim Posted 22 Feb 2012 , 10:28pm
post #3 of 4

Hi, Many thanks for your response, I will try and make a template for the design and hopefully cut it out neatly.
cheers

msthang1224 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msthang1224 Posted 23 Feb 2012 , 1:52am
post #4 of 4

yr very welcome :-0

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%