Thanks For Gumpaste Feedback

Decorating By gothmother

gothmother Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gothmother Posted 20 Feb 2012 , 6:28am
post #1 of 1

Thanks to Su from Soozicakes for her extensive testing and feedback. I appreciate this huge effort.

Hi Neroli,

I have finally had a chance to play around with your products. I have been noting comments as I have experimented and I will collate these and send on to you. Good news is they are mostly positive comments.

In the meantime here's a few comments -

Interesting characteristics! Tough and flexible! You can be almost brutal with it and yet can thin out to delicate tissue thickness. Fantastic for making spirals which seem to stay slightly flexible once 'set', hence moving them doesn't result in breakage. I pushed one into a foam block with only a small pilot hole, not something I would normally attempt.

I have used paper punches, ball tools, extruders, frill cutters, colouring (requires a bit of effort - a good work out), lustre dusting and modelling faces. Tastes is great as is. I have long nails and find I have to be extremely careful not to get indents in everything....no problem of this with your fondant/gumpaste.....fabulous.

I am trying to come up with an eye catching cake to upload to CC so that I can give credit to your product. I have just completed some super fine spirals. I am hoping they will be a wee bit sturdy and I will incorporate into the design.

I will be purchasing some of your product for decorations on my upcoming cakes...and to experiment a few more ideas I have.

Have you done any You Tube videos (or thought about doing some)?

Cheers

Su (Soozicakes)

0 replies

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%