My Schedule Is Topsy Turvy!

Decorating By cakemonster7713 Updated 19 Feb 2012 , 2:17pm by sillywabbitz

cakemonster7713 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakemonster7713 Posted 19 Feb 2012 , 1:49pm
post #1 of 4

i have to make a 3 tier topsy turvy cake for a birthday party but im confused. the party is on Sunday and im afraid if i make the whole thing on Saturday then i might be up all night. so if i decide to make all my cakes on friday (the person wants them all from scratch) in the afternoon (i will be busy in the morning until around 3 or 4 o clock) could i just tort fill cover in buttercream and put it in the freezer overnight?Then the next day i can can just finish the cakes?Im afraid that if i do this my cakes will get as hard as a rock and loose flavor and just taste like iceicon_sad.gif help ! Thanks so much !

3 replies
leepat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leepat Posted 19 Feb 2012 , 2:09pm
post #2 of 4

I ;would not put them in the freezer just fill, cover and stick them in the fridge they will be just fine. I do it all the time and no hard cakes.

argylealice Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
argylealice Posted 19 Feb 2012 , 2:12pm
post #3 of 4

Hi you should not need to freeze the cakes if you cover them in buttercream they will still be fresh to decorate the following day

sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 19 Feb 2012 , 2:17pm
post #4 of 4

You can freeze cakes. People do it all the time but your need time for them to thaw before you decorate them. So in your case: You can frost and ice them Friday, leave on the counter unless you use perishable filling and decorate Saturday then deliver Sunday. Shouldn't be a problem at all.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%