An Example Of Walking Away With The Cake

Business By costumeczar Updated 22 Feb 2012 , 6:06am by lorieleann

sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 19 Feb 2012 , 3:32pm
post #31 of 48

For ganache you'd have to experiment because you have to heat heavy cream for ganache and I know coconut oil has a really low melting temp. I think it would be worth a shot thoughicon_smile.gif

Kaybaby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kaybaby Posted 19 Feb 2012 , 3:58pm
post #32 of 48

The cake is just ugly. They ordered an ugly design/color and that is what they received. You cannot be held responsible for someones bad taste.

Vonda

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 19 Feb 2012 , 4:34pm
post #33 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaybaby

The cake is just ugly. They ordered an ugly design/color and that is what they received. You cannot be held responsible for someones bad taste.

Vonda

Let's just say that it wouldn't have been my first choice if it was my cake, but my teenage daughter thought it was beautiful, so there's a market for that. With the number of pink and black zebra striped cake photos online I guess that lots of adult women like that color combo too, but it's not my favorite.

AmysCakesNCandies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AmysCakesNCandies Posted 19 Feb 2012 , 5:26pm
post #34 of 48

Vonda[/quote]Let's just say that it wouldn't have been my first choice if it was my cake, but my teenage daughter thought it was beautiful, so there's a market for that. With the number of pink and black zebra striped cake photos online I guess that lots of adult women like that color combo too, but it's not my favorite.[/quote]

I learned a few weeks ago the lesson that beuty is in the eye of the beholder. I made a camoflage wedding cake, I thought it was hidious and might land me on Cake Wrecks. But when I delivered it the bride was in the room taking pics and she and he bridemaids were swooning over it. To each thier own!

costumeczar Posted 19 Feb 2012 , 6:06pm
post #35 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmysCakesNCandies

Vonda

Let's just say that it wouldn't have been my first choice if it was my cake, but my teenage daughter thought it was beautiful, so there's a market for that. With the number of pink and black zebra striped cake photos online I guess that lots of adult women like that color combo too, but it's not my favorite.[/quote]

I learned a few weeks ago the lesson that beuty is in the eye of the beholder. I made a camoflage wedding cake, I thought it was hidious and might land me on Cake Wrecks. But when I delivered it the bride was in the room taking pics and she and he bridemaids were swooning over it. To each thier own![/quote]

I've done cakes that I thought were butt ugly, but the client loved them. If you pay for it you get to choose!

ChilliPepper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ChilliPepper Posted 19 Feb 2012 , 11:39pm
post #36 of 48

Hahahaha - know what you mean about having to do what the customer wants. I dislike pink and black and get asked so many times for this combo. Also don't like the leopard print but get some many requests for this cake too! And I can't stand Peppa Pig! LOL!

costumeczar Posted 20 Feb 2012 , 12:33am
post #37 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChilliPepper

Hahahaha - know what you mean about having to do what the customer wants. I dislike pink and black and get asked so many times for this combo. Also don't like the leopard print but get some many requests for this cake too! And I can't stand Peppa Pig! LOL!

Check this page out, it's enough to make you go blind https://www.google.com/search?q=pink+cakes&hl=en&prmd=imvnse&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_cp.,cf.osb&biw=1366&bih=643&wrapid=tlif132969779481710&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=QZRBT73CKoKx0AGfrrnlBw#um=1&hl=en&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=pink+zebra+cakes&oq=pink+zebra+cakes&aq=f&aqi=g1g-m4&aql=&gs_sm=3&gs_upl=26099l27159l0l28220l6l6l0l0l0l0l107l440l5.1l6l0&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_cp.r_qf.,cf.osb&fp=e4dd111dc527d5c2&biw=1366&bih=643

QTCakes1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
QTCakes1 Posted 20 Feb 2012 , 2:38am
post #38 of 48

OMG!!! That was just so wrong of you! You know no one is going to be able to resist clicking, like me. My eyes are shot! icon_lol.gificon_wink.gif

costumeczar Posted 20 Feb 2012 , 2:53am
post #39 of 48

If you enjoyed that, visit my favorite website for some tips on aliens and getting rich. http://www.yvettesbridalformal.com/Top_Ten_Tips_for_How_to_get_Rich_V8CS.html

FromScratchSF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratchSF Posted 20 Feb 2012 , 3:17am
post #40 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by costumeczar

If you enjoyed that, visit my favorite website for some tips on aliens and getting rich. http://www.yvettesbridalformal.com/Top_Ten_Tips_for_How_to_get_Rich_V8CS.html

Oh. My. GOD! LOL!!! I haven't laughed that hard at a webpage in a LONG time!

Thanks for sharing that nugget of freakshow!

costumeczar Posted 20 Feb 2012 , 3:21am
post #41 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by FromScratchSF

Quote:

Oh. My. GOD! LOL!!! I haven't laughed that hard at a webpage in a LONG time!

Thanks for sharing that nugget of freakshow!

That dude is awesome...he's figured out the aliens. If you want to read a real freakshow just dive into that website for an hour or two. If it doesn't make you go blind first.

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 20 Feb 2012 , 5:03am
post #42 of 48
Quote:

LOL!!! Isn't that the page that someone (Yvette) asked to have designed, didn't pay the guy for it, so he turned it into a monster?? I heard a story about it (this cake board or another) years ago...

carmijok Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carmijok Posted 20 Feb 2012 , 5:39am
post #43 of 48

I agree that isn't the most attractive cake...and to me the candles are to blame... who has BLACK candles on a quince cake? If she had been able to use the gold and not be forced to use ALL pink and black, I think it would have looked very nice. The drawing is lovely and should have been executed the way the designer saw fit. Unfortunately some customers think they know best and act surprised when it really does turn out bad.

AnnieCahill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnnieCahill Posted 20 Feb 2012 , 3:44pm
post #44 of 48

Bottom line is she got what she paid for. She selected the colors and approved the sketch. Kara's work is top-notch and you can look at any of her cake pics and see that she has never delivered anything lopsided or sub-par.

It sounds like a case of buyer's remorse but that is not the baker's problem. Good for you for standing by your product.

Cakery2012 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakery2012 Posted 20 Feb 2012 , 6:46pm
post #45 of 48

Im thinking the Dad or the sponser whoever paid for the cake probably balked at the price after the Mom told them how much they owed or she paid . They justed wanted it for free or little . You did the right thing . and you will get publicity from the RMH auction and maybe more orders .

debidehm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debidehm Posted 21 Feb 2012 , 8:46am
post #46 of 48

I think Chilli was just stating her opinion, and I didn't think she sounded too "harsh". If that was her honest feelings about the cake, she shouldn't be chastised for it.

elisaber Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elisaber Posted 21 Feb 2012 , 11:01am
post #47 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by scp1127

Chil Pepper, that's pretty harsh. Maybe you could give her pointers on how to make copyright/trademark protected cakes. Looks like you do pretty well with them.

icon_lol.gifthumbs_up.gif

lorieleann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lorieleann Posted 22 Feb 2012 , 6:06am
post #48 of 48

i personally think they're getting the benefit of the doubt that they overspent and that is why they were trying to get it discounted. I bet they could have had enough in the bank to spend three times as much and still would have tried to haggle the price down. It's a game, and clearly "what can we get out of her" comments isn't showing any distress that they overspent.

I wish you could have shot back at them something in spanish.

and thanks for the Yvette's reminder...if i'm ever in Panama City,Florida i want to go there and learn the secrets and get rich. and a wedding dress. and art.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%