Cherrie Scented Frosting That Stays White

Decorating By crazy_cakes Updated 21 Feb 2012 , 1:52am by KoryAK

crazy_cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crazy_cakes Posted 17 Feb 2012 , 1:18am
post #1 of 8

icon_biggrin.gif ok so my question it this... has anyone ever mad a cherrie scented frosting that stays white? i am makeing a cake for a guy friends birthday party and the frosting i have been told CANNOT BE PINK. lol but he would like to have a slightly cherrie flavored frosting with a chocolate filling. would this be possible if i just used a cherrie extract in a vannila or buttercream frosting?

7 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 17 Feb 2012 , 5:37pm
post #2 of 8

I think cherry flavoring would still be slightly pink. Yes, it can be used in b'cream icing icon_smile.gif
How about LorAnn candy flavoring? It's very, very strong and would only need a drop to flavor a full batch of icing lightly.
Not sure if Michael's carries it but I know Hobby Lobby does.

crazy_cakes Posted 19 Feb 2012 , 5:01am
post #3 of 8

awsome thank u so much for the tip it is much appreciated!

momd68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momd68 Posted 19 Feb 2012 , 5:20am
post #4 of 8

Is he actually wanting the BC to be white? As much as I love choc.covered cherries at Christmas time I am thinking you could do a chocolate BC and add the cherry flavoring to the that since he mentioned chocolate filling.

cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 19 Feb 2012 , 5:58am
post #5 of 8

Lorann cherry is red and will color the frosting. I like the idea of chocolate cherry frosting.

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 19 Feb 2012 , 6:32am
post #6 of 8

Real organic cherry extract is brown, just like all the red fruits.

Kirschwasser is clear.

crazy_cakes Posted 20 Feb 2012 , 3:20pm
post #7 of 8

thank you nall so much this has truly been helpfull! the cakes do have to be white tho all except one tier on one cake that actually can be red, its going to be painted with paisly like on a hanky. i will fiddle around with these idias and see what works. and let you know thank u so much! icon_biggrin.gif

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 21 Feb 2012 , 1:52am
post #8 of 8

Almond and cherry are very close flavors and almond extract is clear - can you use that?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%