Design For Winged Cross

Decorating By mystsparkle Updated 17 Feb 2012 , 1:25am by mystsparkle

mystsparkle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mystsparkle Posted 16 Feb 2012 , 10:35pm
post #1 of 4

So Im stumped. If you have any ideas, maybe someone's done a cake like this before?! Customer likes this design here:
http://i.istockimg.com/file_thumbview_approve/3267517/2/stock-illustration-3267517-winged-cross.jpg
Her fiance wants it to be a groom's cake. I don't think I can sculpt this, and I really don't want to try...and edible images aren't going to work either...What other ideas are there? She said it doesnt have to be exactly like this..He goes by Falyn Angel (band name) ..Don't know if that helps. Just don't know if I can make this look like a cake..doesn't even have to be sculpted she said in that shape..just something with a cross and wings I guess??! AHHHHHH!

3 replies
BizCoCos Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BizCoCos Posted 16 Feb 2012 , 10:59pm
post #2 of 4

I hope you have large square and round cake pans, lol This can be very easy. Make the large square pan then cut the cross design 4 pieces and put them together like a cross. Since it doesn't have to be exactly like the design this will work
step 2, use your largest round pan and start cutting thinner half moons so that they look like the angel wings- i wish I could draw this for you since I did a similar design but sorry no pic. To clarify further, draw a large circle on parchment paper or a paper bag, draw a line vertically down the middle, then start drawinh half moons on either side of the circle-different sizes, cut then shape around your cross until you have th design you want- HTH

BizCoCos Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BizCoCos Posted 16 Feb 2012 , 11:05pm
post #3 of 4

do a search for angel wings on cake central, they have several cakes where they simply carved 2 wings out of a large round, then covered in feathers using the large leaf cutters.

mystsparkle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mystsparkle Posted 17 Feb 2012 , 1:25am
post #4 of 4

thank you both! i searced and did see wing pictures..i never thought of using leaves as the feathers! great idea! And i think I understand your explaination for the layout...You make it sound so simple! Hehe maybe I will give it a try... Thanks both of you!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%