Rolling Pin Bent

Decorating By MOGRISER Updated 18 Feb 2013 , 4:50pm by Ballymena

MOGRISER Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MOGRISER Posted 15 Feb 2012 , 3:18am
post #1 of 9

My Wilton rolling pin has a bow in it. Has anybody else had this trouble. It's not been in a dishwasher. We've had it about 4 years. We roll fondant and cookie dough with it. What's the best kind to buy?

8 replies
KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 15 Feb 2012 , 5:40am
post #2 of 9

A nice, heavyweight wooden pin with regular handles is what I like best. Mine is probably 3" thick and 14" wide without the handles.

ibmoser Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ibmoser Posted 15 Feb 2012 , 1:35pm
post #3 of 9

Yes - my 20" white Wilton pin warped. I bought a heavy wooden Ateco with handles - the barrel is 18". Love it.

Annabakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annabakescakes Posted 15 Feb 2012 , 1:41pm
post #4 of 9

I love marble rolling pins. Their heavy weight does some of the work for you. You can find cheap ones for $15 or less.

kaat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaat Posted 15 Feb 2012 , 2:26pm
post #5 of 9

My Wilton warped within a few months and they replaced it, the new one is still ok (a few years old now) but while I was waiting for a replacement I purchased on from Creative Cutters and it is great! Nice and heavy, no warping.

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 15 Feb 2012 , 2:56pm
post #6 of 9

I use a Sil-pin. I've got a really heavy one with metal handles, and then I've got a long skinny one that I use most often.

I've had marble rolling pins in the past but the darn handles break off after a while.

stephggnoco Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephggnoco Posted 18 Feb 2013 , 10:13am
post #7 of 9

Yes, I have been decorating for about 9 years now and have gone thru 3 of them so far. Once the bow it's hard to roll the fondant even. I finally found a 24" fondant rolling pin called the King. It's bigger around and hasn't bowed......yet icon_smile.gif I really like using it. They have some cool ideas on their site. Here's a link if you want to check them out.

http://www.frenchrollingpin.com

cazza1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cazza1 Posted 18 Feb 2013 , 12:12pm
post #8 of 9

I use an old fashioned french rolling pin- no handles.

Ballymena Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ballymena Posted 18 Feb 2013 , 4:50pm
post #9 of 9

I have had mine for years and it's still fine. Before that I bought an 18" long piece of 2" wooden dowel from a hardware, scrubbed it and seasoned it with shortening. It works very well, I still have it. I also like the marble ones but have never seen a long one. I would get it if it exists.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%