Need Some Help Comming Up With A Name

Business By Krista512 Updated 15 Feb 2012 , 9:38pm by jgifford

Krista512 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Krista512 Posted 15 Feb 2012 , 2:44am
post #1 of 6

I am just starting out and i want to go and put my business name in the state log and get a tax id # and get a email and website that is devoted just to my cakes. but i cant come up with a good name.

im in austin texas and it will be from my home only for now. i do cakes, cake pops and cupcakes. later on i want to add in specialty cookies too. im all about the decorating more than the baking. and more about the custom cakes. i dont do wedding cakes right now not until i have more experience and my kids are all in school so i can devote more time.

please shoot any ideas at me. i want it catchy that can be remembered easily and will look good on the side of my van and not too long

5 replies
debidehm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debidehm Posted 15 Feb 2012 , 6:11am
post #2 of 6

Krista Kakes icon_biggrin.gif

debidehm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debidehm Posted 15 Feb 2012 , 6:55am
post #3 of 6

Or:

Krista's Kakes, Kupcakes and Kookies thumbs_up.gif

kendra_83 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kendra_83 Posted 15 Feb 2012 , 9:07pm
post #4 of 6

Sorry, and maybe it's just me (I have a "K" name as well) but I absolutely CANNOT take a business seriously that misspells words in the title to carry the "K" throughout. I've seen it many times and it just makes me shake my head.

"Krista's Krafty Kolorful Kakes & Kookies" (insert eye-roll here)

There are so many cheesy names out there so why not be original and simply use your name (first and last). "Krista _______ Custom Cakes" - It sounds more elegant and professional and your quality of work should make them remember your name, especially if you want to go higher-end in the future as you gain experience and clientele. If you add products in the future, just indicate it in your advertisement. Just my opinion, so please don't hate me if your heart is set on the "K"!

AnnieCahill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnnieCahill Posted 15 Feb 2012 , 9:33pm
post #5 of 6

Completely agree.

jgifford Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jgifford Posted 15 Feb 2012 , 9:38pm
post #6 of 6

I don't have any stellar idea about the name, but if you're operating under the Texas Cottage Food Law, you don't have to have a business license or a tax id #. Unless you're going to sell candy or you'll be including eating utensils or providing a place for your customers to eat their cupcakes, you're exempt.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%