Breville 5Qt Vs Kitchenaid Artisan 5Qt

Decorating By bakincakin Updated 14 Feb 2012 , 3:41pm by bakincakin

bakincakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakincakin Posted 13 Feb 2012 , 8:50pm
post #1 of 3

I'm looking to buy a new mixer, and wondering what one is best. I can get the KitchenAid for $255 with a $30 rebate and the Breville for $269. Opinions Please!!

Thanks
Karen

2 replies
SanDiegoBeautifulCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SanDiegoBeautifulCakes Posted 13 Feb 2012 , 10:04pm
post #2 of 3

I would look to see if you can purchase a rebuild kit for the Breville. KitchenAid sells the kits for each mixer. I have not had to purchase one, but my mother did and I rebuilt the electric motor and replaced the bearings, brushes, checked everything and greased everything while I had it apart. Well worth the $39.00 for the rebuild kit. Her mixer was purchased in early 70's. I figure 40 years is good enough for one set of brushes. I look for things like the company history, parts suppliers, components, etc...

That is the kind of things that I look at when I purchase mixers. I do not ever go for the cheapest price. Just remember, you always get what you pay for.

We now use all Hobart mixers in our shop. We purchased a Hobart that was just over 75 years old, and we have not had to do a single thing to it. Other than a good cleaning.

Beth & Andrew
Cake Artists

bakincakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakincakin Posted 14 Feb 2012 , 3:41pm
post #3 of 3

Well, I just ordered a 5qt KA Artisan in apple green. After much research, I believe I made the best choice. Hopefully, I'm right. I absolutely cannot wait to get it! I'm going through withdrawels not being able to bake right now. Especially seeing it's Valentines Day!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%