Great Ideas For Everyone Else, No Ideas For My Own Kids?!?

Decorating By esangston Updated 22 Feb 2012 , 5:20am by Cakery2012

esangston Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
esangston Posted 9 Feb 2012 , 9:17am
post #1 of 5

so next month we have a 1st birthday and a 5th in our family, luckily ones in first week and ones in the last... but I've been spouting ideas left and right for my cake orders.... Yet I'm stumped for my kids lol. Everything I look at online is just ehh okay... My sons 5th I can just swing something by compiling something he likes... But my baby is turning 1... And this is our last first birthday. Were going all out for it too, ya know doing all the things you wish you would have done for this one and that one lol...

And here I am stumped... Not a clue what to do... At least I'm grateful this didn't happen with a customer but still lol how do I break the cake decorators block?

4 replies
Curtsmin24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Curtsmin24 Posted 9 Feb 2012 , 10:35am
post #2 of 5

Have you decided on a theme or are you focusing on the cake first?? Any colors you are leaning toward? Maybe a favorite toy?? For my daughters first birthday we did a carnival/circus theme. She is really drawn towards red (most babies are) and she loves animals. She was a big surprise to both of us and we felt that it was more for us than her but still wanted the feel of it to be about her. It was a small simple party and her cake was a dummy except for the top tier, which was a circus tent.

esangston Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
esangston Posted 9 Feb 2012 , 11:03am
post #3 of 5

Its a long running family joke about how chunky my baby is so I thought about doing something with food, she's been eating solids for quite some time now and can demolish a cupcake in under 30 seconds flat so I thought about making the theme cupcakes.... But a tiered cake with a jumbo cupcake just seems so blah lol...we have a large extended family and they always want cake leftovers so I never worry about making too big of a cake.... Its just if you look at my pics, i've always done over the top jaw dropping cakes for my kids... I'm worried something simple as foods and whimsy will bore them lol. I told my hubby I wanted to do a giant cupcake, donut and oreo cookie and he thought I was kidding! Then he asked if I was playing down her birthday!

Silly isn't it...

Curtsmin24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Curtsmin24 Posted 22 Feb 2012 , 1:42am
post #4 of 5

Sorry i'm replying so late. I was wondering if you picked a theme yet. How about a sweets party and a giant ice cream bar . I've seen several here on CC.

Cakery2012 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakery2012 Posted 22 Feb 2012 , 5:20am
post #5 of 5

what about a sweet shop cake cupcakes ,candy , ice cream ect .
or a fun to be 1 cake with a model of your baby sitting on top. Then baby toys and cupcakes and presents .
Or something like that icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%