Coordinating Wedding And Grooms Cake Stands

Decorating By Tyler4250 Updated 9 Feb 2012 , 2:49am by Tyler4250

Tyler4250 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tyler4250 Posted 9 Feb 2012 , 2:10am
post #1 of 3

I have an upcoming wedding and grooms cake order. The wedding cake will be a round 4-tier cake (16-12-9-6). The grooms cake will be a 3-tier round cake (12-9-6). This is for a friend and I plan on providing the cake stands. My plan was to buy large cake dummies and cover in satin - white for wedding cake, black for grooms cake. The bride told me last week the cakes will be on the same table - side by side. I'm afraid the white and black cake stands will look odd side-by-side.

My questions are: 1) do you think these stands will look ok? 2) do you have any suggestions for inexpensive cake stands for this event or on how to improve the appearance of these cake dummy stands (use something besides fabric to cover them?)

Btw the wedding cake will be a traditional lace look, and the grooms cake will be a bonfire cake.

Thanks in advance for your input!
icon_biggrin.gif

2 replies
tokazodo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tokazodo Posted 9 Feb 2012 , 2:30am
post #2 of 3

I googled ," Make your own cake stands", and there are a lot of hits. This is one of them:
http://fiftieswedding.com/diy-thursday-make-your-own-cake-stands-its-so-easy/

If you don't like any of the above, perhaps you can search for one you do like.

I would try to coordinate the two cakes and cake stands. It could be with ribbon around the cake, or jewels around the cake stand. I would try to find one element of each cake or cake stand to either coordinate or compliment it's opposite.

Good Luck!

Tyler4250 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tyler4250 Posted 9 Feb 2012 , 2:49am
post #3 of 3

I have seen those DIY stands, but there is no way a pedestal stand like that can hold up a 16" base cake. Also I dont think the wood stump goes with the theme of the wedding Good idea on coordinating with ribbon, etc. Thanks!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%