Freeze Chocolate Batter, Etc

Decorating By TheSweetTreat Updated 9 Feb 2012 , 4:51am by TheSweetTreat

TheSweetTreat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheSweetTreat Posted 8 Feb 2012 , 6:43pm
post #1 of 5

Hello all!

So I've done a search for all 'freeze cake batter' threads and none that I find address what cake flavors are being frozen. Most make mention of a basic vanilla. I want to freeze chocolate, maybe champagne, etc. I wanted to know if others out there are freezing EVERY flavor they make or just a basic vanilla.

If you're freezing other flavors too are the results just as successful as frozen vanilla batter?

Thanks in advance everyone!

-Emily

4 replies
DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 8 Feb 2012 , 7:32pm
post #2 of 5

I have frozen many flavors, including chocolate, with great results.

I use a doctored mix recipe.

TheSweetTreat Posted 9 Feb 2012 , 1:45am
post #3 of 5

Thanks for the response! Anyone else?

I did go ahead and make from scratch chocolate cake batter this afternoon and put it straight to the freezer. Tomorrow I will pull out enough to bake a test cupcake and we shall see. I've frozen vanilla batter and when I baked test cupcakes from them they seemed to have extra high domes. A little too high to do a nice swirl I thought. We'll see how the chocolate ones turn out.

sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 9 Feb 2012 , 2:07am
post #4 of 5

I have frozen almost every cake batter flavor I make. Both scratch ones and doctored box. I have frozen the guiness choc cake with no problem so I don't see champagne being a problem. I think I have frozen that one as well but it hasn't been recently so I can't remember.

It's always a good idea to test but no problems with choc, guiness, strawberry, carrot cake...those have all been in the last few weeks.

I also freeze my left over choc ganache and frosting. That way nothing goes to wasteicon_smile.gif

TheSweetTreat Posted 9 Feb 2012 , 4:51am
post #5 of 5

Thanks so much you guys icon_smile.gif I'm feeling better already.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%