Is There A Way To Make Peanut Butter Swiss Meringue Butter

Baking By sweettreat101 Updated 8 Apr 2012 , 9:12pm by TheSweetTreat

sweettreat101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettreat101 Posted 8 Feb 2012 , 5:44pm
post #1 of 6

I want to make chocolate peanut butter cupcakes and I was wondering if there is a way to make Peanut Butter Swiss Meringue Frosting?

5 replies
AnnieCahill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnnieCahill Posted 8 Feb 2012 , 7:48pm
post #2 of 6

Sure, just mix some peanut butter in, or replace 1 stick of butter with 1/2 C peanut butter.

sweettreat101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettreat101 Posted 9 Feb 2012 , 8:42am
post #3 of 6

Thank you. Have you tried it before? Any tips for a great peanut butter filling? They don't like cream cheese.

AnnieCahill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnnieCahill Posted 9 Feb 2012 , 11:44am
post #4 of 6

I don't make cupcakes often and I don't fill mine. I have not tried the PB in the SMBC but I have mixed cream cheese into mine so I don't see why it wouldn't work.

Rosie2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rosie2 Posted 9 Feb 2012 , 5:57pm
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweettreat101

Any tips for a great peanut butter filling? They don't like cream cheese.

Funny you asked this, a couple of weeks ago I was asking the very same thing icon_smile.gif
Well, for the first time I tried IMBC peanut butter flavor and it worked!! I just added creamy PB to taste (I think I added about 4tbs) continued whipping and it came out great!! and I used that to ice vanilla cupcakes, that I had filled with strawbery jam and they were a hit. I made them for my son's b-day since pb and jelly is his all time favorite! ---my son is an adult now, but as a kid he wanted to eat pb and jelly sandwiches for dinner! icon_biggrin.gif lol

TheSweetTreat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheSweetTreat Posted 8 Apr 2012 , 9:12pm
post #6 of 6

I wanted to post my results when I did this just a few days ago. It made the buttercream too loose! icon_sad.gif I added in about 1/2 cup of creamy peanut butter in about 2 additions after the icnig was already made. I continued beating it and it just got so loose it fell off the spatula. I put it in the fridge to chill it and tried again. No luck. I then added another stick of butter adn that didn't work either. I rubbed ice cubes around the bottom of the bowl...didn't work. I eventually kept it in the fridge overnight. The next day I re-whipped it and it wasn't as loose, but it didn't have the original consistency before adding peanut butter. I'm trying to figure out what I did wrong since every recipe I find just says 'plop it in there and beat it'. Any ideas on what went wrong? Too much oil from the peanut butter?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%