Help Please!!!!

Decorating By mfac1 Updated 9 Feb 2012 , 2:37pm by ddaigle

mfac1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mfac1 Posted 8 Feb 2012 , 8:33am
post #1 of 9

Hi Guys,
Firstly I just wanted to let you know how brilliant you all are... I am in the process of creating a wine cake (bottle in crate) for my father in law and was wondering whether anyone could let me know where I can get some free wine label templates. I was hoping for a gold background. Looked everywhere on the web and couldn't find anything. I have until Friday to get this done unfortunately.

Luckily my cake store indicated that they could do edible images by then but I just don't know how to get it done on an A4 sheet if I can't get these templates. Don't have a credit card so can't pay for them either.
PLEASE HELP ME!!!

Thanks,
icon_redface.gif

8 replies
DavidIM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DavidIM Posted 8 Feb 2012 , 9:46am
post #2 of 9

Hi mfac1,

I haven't used this site myself but they reckon it is 100% free. http://www.freelabelmaker.com/red.html

There are a few categories and there seem to be plenty of goldish labels.

Hope it might help.

Cheers,
David

mfac1 Posted 8 Feb 2012 , 10:51am
post #3 of 9

Hi David,
Thanks for this. I did go onto the site today but didn't really find what I was looking for. Was looking for more a foiling look that I could place a photo on (some kind of divider would be good). Found some vector drawings but they aren't free and have a watermark on them icon_sad.gif
Appreciate your time in responding though..

momvarden Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momvarden Posted 8 Feb 2012 , 2:24pm
post #4 of 9

Do you have any gold luster dust and edible paper, you could try to hand make one. or just some fondant rolled out and hand painting it and using a rubber stamp for fancy details on the edges. I am going to send you a pm.

grandmomof1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grandmomof1 Posted 8 Feb 2012 , 4:46pm
post #5 of 9

Why don't you create your own label on your computer with Photoshop, Publisher, or even a Word program? You could print that off then take it to be copied onto edible image.

grandmomof1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grandmomof1 Posted 8 Feb 2012 , 4:48pm
post #6 of 9

Why don't you create your own label on your computer with Photoshop, Publisher, or even a Word program? You could print that off then take it to be copied onto edible image.

DavidIM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DavidIM Posted 9 Feb 2012 , 8:32am
post #7 of 9

Hi mfac1,

No trouble at all. It sounds like you are looking for something pretty realistic but sometimes the hand touch can be much better as yes, it isn't as realistic but more meaningful because you did it by hand. So maybe you could try making it out of fondant, spraying with a gold paint, use some shimmer dust and pipe on the text instead. Again, I know it won't look as realistic but your father in law would probably appreciate the effort to try to make it look realistic.

Good luck!

mfac1 Posted 9 Feb 2012 , 2:03pm
post #8 of 9

Thanks guys for all your posts - they have been very careful. Unfortunately haven't learnt how to pipe yet. Started using the writing pens but they tend to bleed.
I do however have a problem with my "cake". The fondant is cracking every time I go to lift it off the bottle. I'm thinking that I will either let it crack and then place fondant ontop of it to fix it up or make a cake in the shape of the bottle instead and then place fondant on top.
Not sure what I did wrong icon_cry.gif
Really wanted to surprise my father in law - not sure thatI can now unless anyone has some amazing recovery ideas!!!

ddaigle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ddaigle Posted 9 Feb 2012 , 2:37pm
post #9 of 9

Did you place the fondant on the bottle as a mold? Did you use straight fondant or gumpaste? For my wine bottle, I used gumpaste, let it sit for 3 days and it was super hard. Fondant alone will never sit up 100% like you want for things like this. I tried to make sunglasses once and broke 4 pair after letting them dry to what I thought was hard. Finally made one pair with a ton of tylose mixed in the fondant and they worked like a charm.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%