Lemon Filling

Decorating By TRJESS Updated 6 Feb 2012 , 9:03pm by mom2twogrlz

TRJESS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TRJESS Posted 6 Feb 2012 , 1:13pm
post #1 of 5

Doing a wasc cake and want to use lemon filling. Does anyone have a go to recipe that will hold up in July temps at an outdoor event?? Was thinking lemon curd but that doesn't appear to be food safe unrefrigerated. Also doing a lemon cake with rasberry filling and don't know what to use there either.
Any help would be appreciated!!!! icon_smile.gif

4 replies
FullHouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FullHouse Posted 6 Feb 2012 , 8:23pm
post #2 of 5

Lemon curd is delicious mixed into SMBC or American Buttercream.

BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 6 Feb 2012 , 8:32pm
post #3 of 5

I agree that lemon curd wouldn't be a good idea sitting out for any length of time, especially in July.

I've mixed pre-made lemon pie filling with a bit of whipped Bettercreme (from the frozen quarts) and also with buttercream, both SMBC & American BC. Both work very well & taste great.

As for raspberry filling, I like good quality seedless preserves. I butter the layers with some BC, pipe a good dam, and add the preserves. If I want a mousse, I again mix it with some whipped Bettercreme.

Rae

ycknits Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ycknits Posted 6 Feb 2012 , 8:32pm
post #4 of 5

For the raspberry, I use Solo Cake & Pastry filling, which comes in different flavors in 12 oz cans. It says to refrigerate after opening, but I don't worry about leaving it out at room temp overnight and until serving time the next day.... similar to pie filling, but tastes much better.

mom2twogrlz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2twogrlz Posted 6 Feb 2012 , 9:03pm
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakesCakes

I agree that lemon curd wouldn't be a good idea sitting out for any length of time, especially in July.

I've mixed pre-made lemon pie filling with a bit of whipped Bettercreme (from the frozen quarts) and also with buttercream, both SMBC & American BC. Both work very well & taste great.

As for raspberry filling, I like good quality seedless preserves. I butter the layers with some BC, pipe a good dam, and add the preserves. If I want a mousse, I again mix it with some whipped Bettercreme.

Rae

Yep, this is what I do. Adding the lemon to Bettercreme is NUMMY!!! One of my most popular cakes with my friends. I also prefer raspberry preserves, I either mix it into the bettercreme or do as Rae said if they want just fruit. The "buttering" helps prevent the preserves from soaking into your cake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%