Mod '60S Birthday Cake

Decorating By SweetOnYouCakesnCupcakes Updated 7 Feb 2012 , 12:06am by msthang1224

SweetOnYouCakesnCupcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetOnYouCakesnCupcakes Posted 5 Feb 2012 , 10:33pm
post #1 of 8

Help. I need suggestions for shape/colors/design for a mod 1960s 30th bday cake. Think Andy Warhol 60's. I have too many ideas in my head to narrow it down. Love the idea of chevron stripes but I don't think I have the ability to tackle that. Maybe some mod'ish 5petal flowers layered in two shades of teal? With a pop of orangy red? I want it to be a stacked cake, probably 6"/8" or 8"/10". White buttercream frosting. Maybe a taller bottom tier and single top tier for effect. Any and all suggestions welcome! Thanks!!

7 replies
zespri Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zespri Posted 5 Feb 2012 , 10:35pm
post #2 of 8

It sounds like you already have some great ideas. What makes you think you couldn't do the chevron stripes? As long as you had a bit of tylose in there, and let each piece sit for a while to harden before you attempt to put it on the cake, you should be fine. Love your colour ideas too.

msthang1224 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msthang1224 Posted 5 Feb 2012 , 10:40pm
post #3 of 8

Hi,

This sounds like whats in yr head icon_smile.gif

http://whatifweddings.tumblr.com/post/6092362898/oh-my-love-chevron-stripes-on-a-wedding-cake

The ideas of the flowers are really cool, the colors as well icon_smile.gif

zespri Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zespri Posted 5 Feb 2012 , 10:46pm
post #4 of 8

This is the one that I immediately thought of:

http://cakecentral.com/gallery/2177449/ombre-chevrons

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 6 Feb 2012 , 1:22am
post #5 of 8

wow, both of those ideas are great. hope you think so icon_smile.gif

SweetOnYouCakesnCupcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetOnYouCakesnCupcakes Posted 6 Feb 2012 , 11:23pm
post #6 of 8

Yes! Those are all lovely cakes. I'll give the chevron stripe a second thought and see how I might go about doing it. I wish I could find a great tutorial on it w/ a video. Any suggestions on how to obtain the perfect teal color? Like the one if the gradiant cake. Thanks for all the input. It's due this Saturday so I'll have to finalize a design and get to work soon icon_smile.gif

carmijok Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carmijok Posted 6 Feb 2012 , 11:31pm
post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetOnYouCakesnCupcakes

Yes! Those are all lovely cakes. I'll give the chevron stripe a second thought and see how I might go about doing it. I wish I could find a great tutorial on it w/ a video. Any suggestions on how to obtain the perfect teal color? Like the one if the gradiant cake. Thanks for all the input. It's due this Saturday so I'll have to finalize a design and get to work soon icon_smile.gif

Americolor's gel color Teal is perfect IMO.

msthang1224 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msthang1224 Posted 7 Feb 2012 , 12:06am
post #8 of 8

Yes, americolor Teal will do it!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%