Poured Fondant Recipe For Petit Fours That Isn't Too Sweet

Baking By RebelGirlCakes Updated 10 Feb 2012 , 5:53am by KoryAK

RebelGirlCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RebelGirlCakes Posted 4 Feb 2012 , 6:24am
post #1 of 6

Hi!
Does anyone have a good recipe for poured fondant to use on petit fours. I have one that contains water, light corn syrup, powdered sugar and white chocolate. It is super easy to make. I used it once and it was a huge hit, however some people said it was a little too sweet. What would you add or delete to make this less sweet but still get the coveraged needed?. Would you add salt? Is there a better recipe that isn't too difficult? I don't want to deal with having to use a candy thermometer.

5 replies
Debmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Debmar Posted 9 Feb 2012 , 7:25pm
post #2 of 6

I don't have an answer but where do you find a poured fondant recipe..

CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 9 Feb 2012 , 11:11pm
post #3 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debmar

I don't have an answer but where do you find a poured fondant recipe..

Here's one:
http://www.mahalo.com/how-to-make-petit-fours/

sugarshack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarshack Posted 9 Feb 2012 , 11:33pm
post #4 of 6

poured fondant is just sugar, corn syrup and water, so I do not see how you could make it any less sweet. I have used a combo of melted canned icing and candy melts to pour over small cakes. I still find it sweet, but maybe the chocolate can cut the sweetness for you a bit?

grandmomof1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grandmomof1 Posted 10 Feb 2012 , 4:55am
post #5 of 6

Try adding about a half of teaspoon of salt to your recipe. I use a little salt in my buttercream and fondant.

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 10 Feb 2012 , 5:53am
post #6 of 6

I was going to suggest the salt too. There's really nothing you can cut out of it without altering it to the point of it not working. Sweetness is the nature of the beast on that one. You could cut down on the sweetness of the other components though: cake, fillings, and buttercream on top if you have it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%