Shipping Gumpaste Flowers

Decorating By Charmed Updated 25 Oct 2012 , 4:02am by Monk3y

Charmed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Charmed Posted 2 Feb 2012 , 11:30pm
post #1 of 8

I am planning to ship gum paste flowers to my friend. so How do I ship gum paste flowers? I read about wrapping them in bubble wrap. Anything else to consider and do to make sure the flowers arrive intact and not broken? for the people who buy them online could you let me know how the flowers are when you receive them (wrapped in bubble, foam,etc...)?
thanks

7 replies
Charmed Posted 3 Feb 2012 , 5:09am
post #2 of 8

bmp

msthang1224 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msthang1224 Posted 3 Feb 2012 , 7:29am
post #3 of 8

Hi,

Yes, wrp them in bubble wrap and then place foam on the bottom of the box and then lay the flowers on top. Also us foam (squares) in the areas around them to give a cushion to the sides just in case they get shifted. remember BUBBLE BUBBLE BUBBLE WRAP THEM GOOD!! they should be okay for shipping.

msthang1224 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msthang1224 Posted 3 Feb 2012 , 7:33am
post #4 of 8

Also, when you ship them, place the box that your shipping the flowers in, inside of another box that has be prepared with more cushion/bubble wrap/foam etc just so that the box that has the actual flowers in them have extra protection.

HTH

BizCoCos Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BizCoCos Posted 4 Feb 2012 , 12:32am
post #5 of 8

years ago I bought online, they wrapped them in bubble wrap and did not crowd them n they were fine. I now make my own and store them in bubble wrap-- I have dropped them by mistake and they did not break,

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 4 Feb 2012 , 12:34am
post #6 of 8

What kind of flowers are they? I ship them to people and you need to use different techniques for different flowers.

Charmed Posted 6 Feb 2012 , 4:52am
post #7 of 8

thanks guys....I have roses and orchids. I hope they don't break icon_cry.gif

Monk3y Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Monk3y Posted 25 Oct 2012 , 4:02am
post #8 of 8

girlll! lol did u figure out how hot ship ur flowers

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%