Pasta Roller

Decorating By shelby10 Updated 2 Feb 2012 , 6:18pm by tiggy2

shelby10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shelby10 Posted 1 Feb 2012 , 1:48pm
post #1 of 8

Ok so I have a kitchen aid, and i was wondering do I go with the kitchen aid pasta roller which is around 80.00 dollars, or can I get away with buying one from a caft store and using 40% of and getting one so much cheaper.. I really want one, but I really don't want to spend a fortune on one..So are the cheaper ones just as good as the kitchen aids.. icon_smile.gif

7 replies
jennajane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jennajane Posted 1 Feb 2012 , 2:08pm
post #2 of 8

I really like the kitchen aid attachment because it sits higher off the work surface. Also, because it is motorized it gives you 2 hands to feed and catch the fondant.

GarciaGM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GarciaGM Posted 1 Feb 2012 , 2:10pm
post #3 of 8

Can you really get pasta rollers at craft stores?? I had no idea, and I'm in the market for a new one!

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 1 Feb 2012 , 2:24pm
post #4 of 8

You can get the manual pasta rollers at Ross for $18. I have one that cost a lot more than that, years ago, and I don't care for using it with fondant at all.

shelby10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shelby10 Posted 1 Feb 2012 , 2:33pm
post #5 of 8

Hobby Lobby has them for 26.00 and you can use 40% off..They are the hand cranked ones

Herekittykitty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Herekittykitty Posted 1 Feb 2012 , 6:56pm
post #6 of 8

I got mine at michael's in the polymar clay isle using a rare 50% coupon. I like it but it takes some learning. I have learned that the fondant/gumpaste needs to be well dusted, even dusting beween rolls, and to keep a damp paper towel to run along the rollers (while cranking it) to clean them if the item starts to stick. Saves me a lot of time using a roller and it is always uniform in thickness.

GarciaGM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GarciaGM Posted 2 Feb 2012 , 5:14pm
post #7 of 8

Wow, I'm blown away about finding the pasta rollers at craft stores!! I've only used mine for making my own pasta, but it's gotten really finicky and I was just thinking of replacing it. This is good to know since they run about $40 on Amazon. Thanks guys!!

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 2 Feb 2012 , 6:18pm
post #8 of 8

I love my kitchenaid pasta roller. I had a manual one from Michaels and gave it away. You can get the kitchenaid from Bed Bath and Beyond for around $50 and use their 20% coupon, so much easier then cranking the manual one.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%