CarmaS Massa Ticino Tropic - Fondant

Decorating By AmyJoPearson Updated 19 Aug 2015 , 3:09pm by Norcalhiker

yortma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yortma Posted 21 Feb 2013 , 5:01am
post #31 of 59

Try the Massa Grischuna from Albert Ulster Imports.  I like it even better than the MCTT.  Great customer service, and It comes in 2 days.  It costs 25.00 to ship from New York to California (for one pail), so I can' imagine it would be more than that for you, since you are even closer.  

Nancy Hamdy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nancy Hamdy Posted 26 Mar 2013 , 2:33pm
post #32 of 59

Ahey guys,... I am still new to the cake world:) I used this fondant and just loved everything about it, the texture, the taste and how not so sweet it tastes. But have been having trouble adding colors to it. The black turned out green and the violet blue. Any ideas why??!

wildflowercakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wildflowercakes Posted 26 Mar 2013 , 3:01pm
post #33 of 59

I was having the same problem with coloring the MCTT, my all time favorite fondant. I don't know if it is true or not but I was told the bright white fondants have an additive in them that affects adding color. I was told to add a little ivory coloring first. I have NOT tried this so I don't know if it is true.I do know if your colors are old they will not turn out as good.Would like to know what the real pro's have to say.

cakefat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakefat Posted 26 Mar 2013 , 11:02pm
post #34 of 59

I color my CMTT all the time and have never had any problems at all with it. (I use americolors and wilton)

Could it been the coloring you used?

SystemMod1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SystemMod1 Posted 27 Mar 2013 , 12:50am
post #35 of 59

The ph is actually off and not formulated to take the colors we have in the US. The only color I have issues with is purple, I have to add in baking soda then it will color purple (but still not very well). Coloring black will pretty much never work no matter what fondant you try and use, it will need so much food color it will be a floppy mess and taste terrible. 

Anyway, for purple I get Albert uster, although I'm not sure they have that purple anymore now that they have the new pink!

ibeeflower Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ibeeflower Posted 27 Mar 2013 , 3:30am
post #36 of 59

I am no pro, but I have colored my CMTT with no problems using Americolor. As for Nancy: If you check out the Craftsy course on painting your cakes, Erin talks about colors and how you sometimes need to mix in different ones. I believe she covers the issue you had about the black looking green. Check it out, it may help!

auntginn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntginn Posted 27 Mar 2013 , 5:50pm
post #37 of 59

Thanks for posting the site, never heard of this brand.

umelcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
umelcake Posted 9 May 2013 , 10:33am
post #38 of 59

Do any one know which site can ship internationally the Carma Massa Ticino Tropic?  I am from Middle East and used to buy it locally but they don't sell now :(

Can anyone help in this please.

Stitches Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Stitches Posted 9 May 2013 , 1:08pm
post #39 of 59

Try looking at Albert Uster Company. I think they are international.

auntginn Posted 9 May 2013 , 5:14pm
post #40 of 59

Ok.. so now I'm confused.. I have received an email from Albert Uster advertising Massa fondant with Nicholas Lodge.  Which massa is this?

ibeeflower Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ibeeflower Posted 9 May 2013 , 6:41pm
post #41 of 59

Albert Uster sells a Massa fondant but it is not the one the one we've been talking about. If you go to fondant source dot com you will see it on there. The company that makes it is called Carma.

auntginn Posted 9 May 2013 , 7:07pm
post #42 of 59

Ok...

auntginn Posted 9 May 2013 , 7:31pm
post #43 of 59
kjgm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kjgm Posted 4 Jun 2013 , 8:16pm
post #44 of 59

worth it! So is the one by albert uster...Massa Grishuna Neutral!~!

auntginn Posted 4 Jun 2013 , 11:00pm
post #45 of 59

Ok, thank you

kjgm Posted 5 Jun 2013 , 9:58am
post #46 of 59

I used to use Massa Ticino...but hard to find with an extended shelf life. BUT Albert Uster formulated one close to the Massa Ticino...they call it Massa Grishuna Neutral....it is very similar and outstanding product.  Much better in my opinion to the Fondarific and 300% better than all the other varieties. Hope this helps!

Nitegirlam2pm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nitegirlam2pm Posted 3 Jul 2013 , 12:21am
post #47 of 59

Hello, 

Do the Albert Ulster Import Fondants work as well as Massa's tropical in the heat and humidity!?

I want to place an order for one of these, and want to get a few extra tie-bits of info first :-)

thanks everyone!!

cris71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cris71 Posted 23 Jul 2013 , 4:57pm
post #48 of 59

Anyone knows distribuidor in California for Carma Tropic?

DeliciousDesserts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeliciousDesserts Posted 23 Jul 2013 , 5:10pm
post #49 of 59

AI purchased online. Both fondant source & the wienbecklers carry it.

cris71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cris71 Posted 23 Jul 2013 , 5:31pm
post #50 of 59

Thank you!!

JWinslow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JWinslow Posted 23 Jul 2013 , 10:37pm
post #51 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeliciousDesserts 

I purchased online. Both fondant source & the wienbecklers carry it.

Thanks.  Good to know.  I have been getting mine from L'epercie (sp)

kikiandkyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kikiandkyle Posted 23 Jul 2013 , 11:07pm
post #52 of 59

ALooks like the Albert Uster shipping is free over $195 or $25 flat fee for orders under $195.

kjgm Posted 25 Jul 2013 , 10:11am
post #53 of 59

I haven't tried the Massa Ticino Tropic...only the Massa Ticino...which I loved in years past.  Albert Uster used to carry the Carma products, but formulated their own...which is the Massa Grishuna Neutral. Hope this helps with any confusion.  Does anyone know of a good chocolate fondant they really like....workability and taste?  Thank you!

Jenndelisle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenndelisle Posted 11 Aug 2013 , 10:49pm
post #54 of 59

AJust to let you know that canadian site flourconfections.com ship international, the 15.4 lbs pail is 79.99$ CAD (trying to switch to USD with no luck, sorry), which would be less than ****************** at 89.99$. Shipping to the US is 25$, free with orders of 300$ & more.

Jenndelisle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenndelisle Posted 12 Aug 2013 , 3:03pm
post #55 of 59

AI'm sorry I can't see my post so I'll repost. Canadian site flourconfections.com ship international. Their price is 77.59$, Fedex shipping to the US starts at 24.27$, free with a 300$ order.

Kakie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kakie Posted 15 Aug 2013 , 8:28am
post #56 of 59

Please can anyone give me more detail about why this fondant is so good? Why is it different to other sugar pastes?

When is it appropriate to substitute for this icing?

Normally I use Renshaw covering paste. I'd love to use something that wold enable me to ice thinner.

cakefat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakefat Posted 15 Aug 2013 , 2:25pm
post #57 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakie 

Please can anyone give me more detail about why this fondant is so good? Why is it different to other sugar pastes?

When is it appropriate to substitute for this icing?

Normally I use Renshaw covering paste. I'd love to use something that wold enable me to ice thinner.

I can't compare it to Renshaw as I've never used that brand..but the CMTT is great for me as I live in a very humid climate year round, it goes on the cake very easily, doesn't get elephant skin or too stretchy. It's not too soft either. The taste is alright..much better tasting than Satin Ice - not chemically like SI or other brands (but I do think Bakels Pettinice may taste a little nicer). 

ROBYN_1958 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ROBYN_1958 Posted 19 Aug 2015 , 9:43am
post #58 of 59

Where do you buy Carma Massa Ticino fondant in Queensland Australia?

Norcalhiker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Norcalhiker Posted 19 Aug 2015 , 3:09pm
post #59 of 59

Contact the company:

http://www.carma.ch/int/contact

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%