Is Mmf Too Sweet?

Decorating By HeartCupcakes Updated 1 Feb 2012 , 2:40am by ChristineCMC

HeartCupcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HeartCupcakes Posted 30 Jan 2012 , 10:41pm
post #1 of 11

Hey I'm planing on making a cake this weekend for my boyfriend using MMF to cover it, but its my first time and i've never made of tasted MMF before! Just wondering if MMF is too sweet? The idea of marshmallows and powdered sugar mixed together makes my teeth hurt lol

10 replies
Herekittykitty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Herekittykitty Posted 30 Jan 2012 , 11:01pm
post #2 of 11

That depends, do you like circus peanuts (the orange candy ones, not peanuts from a circus), becasue that's what it tastes like. I happen to LOVE circus peanuts and personally don't think it is any sweeter than icing.

Goreti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Goreti Posted 30 Jan 2012 , 11:07pm
post #3 of 11

Personally I find it a little sweet but many people love it. It is much tastier than some of the prepared fondants available. There are some recipes that call for lemon juice instead of water to cut down on the sweetness.

cakesrock Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesrock Posted 31 Jan 2012 , 3:36am
post #4 of 11

I like Rhonda's ultimate MMF (in recipes) - the lemon in it really cuts the sweetness.

Debbye27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Debbye27 Posted 31 Jan 2012 , 4:00am
post #5 of 11

I don't think it's too sweet- I like the taste icon_smile.gif

mcaulir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcaulir Posted 31 Jan 2012 , 4:32am
post #6 of 11

Too sweet for what? Eating a pound at a time, sure.

It's made of sugar. It's going to be sweet!

heartsnsync Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heartsnsync Posted 31 Jan 2012 , 4:46am
post #7 of 11

I also dissolve some salt in my water before adding it to the marshmallows. With the addition of butter and vanilla extracts this makes the MMF taste like butter cream AND it cuts down on the sweetness level.

cakesrock Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesrock Posted 31 Jan 2012 , 5:05am
post #8 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by heartsnsync

I also dissolve some salt in my water before adding it to the marshmallows. With the addition of butter and vanilla extracts this makes the MMF taste like butter cream AND it cuts down on the sweetness level.

Good idea!

HeartCupcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HeartCupcakes Posted 31 Jan 2012 , 7:33am
post #9 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by heartsnsync

I'm going to try this thanks!

billiev2000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
billiev2000 Posted 31 Jan 2012 , 8:51pm
post #10 of 11

Love, love, love MMF. And (IMHO), compared to regular fondant--there is no comparison!

ChristineCMC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ChristineCMC Posted 1 Feb 2012 , 2:40am
post #11 of 11

I once asked my son this question and he looked at me like I was nuts. I think it is really good.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%