Covering A Cake Dummy With Fondant

Decorating By AnitaK Updated 30 Jan 2012 , 4:40pm by AnitaK

AnitaK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnitaK Posted 30 Jan 2012 , 2:57pm
post #1 of 3

Anyone have suggestions for covering a tall dummy with fondant. I can cover short dummies and regular height cakes without any problem, no wrinkles; but when it comes to covering a 4 in dummy I get all kinds of wrinkles at the bottom. I tried rolling the fondant thinner and still have the same problem. I finally ended up rolling a straight piece and covered the sides and then another over covering like a tablecloth but fitted. I would like to accomplish covering a tall dummy as well as I cover a shorter one.

2 replies
TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 30 Jan 2012 , 4:20pm
post #2 of 3

When you are smoothing the fondant, work around the top, moving down about an inch at a time, rather than smoothing one part from top to bottom then moving to the spot next to it.

Also when you are towards the bottom pull the fondant away from the cake/dummy as you are smoothing it.

AnitaK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnitaK Posted 30 Jan 2012 , 4:40pm
post #3 of 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasSugar

When you are smoothing the fondant, work around the top, moving down about an inch at a time, rather than smoothing one part from top to bottom then moving to the spot next to it.

Also when you are towards the bottom pull the fondant away from the cake/dummy as you are smoothing it.

That's what I do but guess I need more practice. Thanks

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%