How Much Wedding Cake

Decorating By Suewillo Updated 30 Jan 2012 , 8:34pm by kakeladi

Suewillo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Suewillo Posted 30 Jan 2012 , 3:40am
post #1 of 4

I have a wedding cake for Aug and it will be an outdoor wedding. It's a country wedding with 150 to 185 guests. I am planning to make 10' 12'1' cake. Will this be enough cake for everyone. The bride says I don't need cake for everyone. Guest will be bringing potluck for the reception. Different so the bride is counting on sweets coming from some guest?
Help what should I do??

Thanks everyone
Sue

3 replies
TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 30 Jan 2012 , 3:58pm
post #2 of 4

I would ask the bride exactly how many servings she wants.

Personally I wouldn't count on other desserts being brought in, but if she doesn't want to pay for cake for everyone, then that's her problem. I would have something in writing that she signs that says that you suggested xyz amount since the guest count was 150-175 but the bride only wanted abc amount of cake. That way she can't come back to you and say you didn't provide enough cake when her potluck guests do not bring enough desserts.

http://www.wilton.com/cakes/making-cakes/baking-wedding-cake-2-inch-pans.cfm

This is the chart I use for servings for all of my cakes.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 30 Jan 2012 , 4:07pm
post #3 of 4

The brides HAS to give you a serving count. That's what the price is based on. It's her decision, not yours.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 30 Jan 2012 , 8:34pm
post #4 of 4

As has been mentioned the cost of the cake is based on how many servings - *using the 'industry standard' serving size of 1x2x4" - Wilton chart* so she needs to give you a firm count. You can start w/the lower # but if it increases so does the price.
12x4 & 10x4" tiers won't even come close to the #s you mention.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%