Friday Night Cake Club 1/27/12

Decorating By catlharper Updated 28 Jan 2012 , 6:44pm by catlharper

catlharper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catlharper Posted 28 Jan 2012 , 3:47am
post #1 of 14

Opening up another session of the FNCC! Who's up and whatcha workin on?

Cat

13 replies
catlharper Posted 28 Jan 2012 , 3:49am
post #2 of 14

Just one cake today and it has fresh fruit on the top so I baked it today, wrapped it and it's in the freezer. Tomorrow I'll finish it up adding the fresh fruit at the last minute. I'll share the photos next week.

How is everyone else doing?

Cat

step0nmi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
step0nmi Posted 28 Jan 2012 , 4:09am
post #3 of 14

hey hey! actually working on a cake tonight. making it last longer than i should since my back hurts :p

it's a princess cake with one of the new gumpaste crowns everyone is posting...just points with hearts cut out of it. it's for a friend so i'm going all out even though she's paying me little. just an 8" cake tho so not much cost lost.

idreamincupcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
idreamincupcakes Posted 28 Jan 2012 , 4:11am
post #4 of 14

I baked and frosted cupcakes for 7 hours today for a belated family Christmas. Now my oldest is up with a stomach bug ... And I am trying to think of what to do with the dozens of cupcakes I made and most likely will not be taking.

catlharper Posted 28 Jan 2012 , 4:18am
post #5 of 14

Step: I think I work harder on those cakes that are for family/friends..even if it's a contractual obligation...I still feel that they should get better than my best so I always push a bit more.

Dream: Oh no! Is there someone who can take them for you or do you think they could be contaminated? I do hope you all don't come down with it and are better soon!

Cat

cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 28 Jan 2012 , 4:28am
post #6 of 14

I just finished a Batman cake for my son's birthday. He looks like either a muppetized Batman or Joseph Swanson from Family guy dressed up like Batman. lol

Ewww, stomach bug! Was he around when you were making the cupcakes?

catlharper Posted 28 Jan 2012 , 4:35am
post #7 of 14

LOL...muppet Batman...LOL...I'd LOVE to see that cake!

Cat

step0nmi Posted 28 Jan 2012 , 4:35am
post #8 of 14

i'm so sorry to hear about the stomach bug for your son icon_sad.gif i totally know how you feel about not wanting to serve them...hope he feels better soon

step0nmi Posted 28 Jan 2012 , 4:40am
post #9 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by catlharper

Step: I think I work harder on those cakes that are for family/friends..even if it's a contractual obligation...I still feel that they should get better than my best so I always push a bit more.

Dream: Oh no! Is there someone who can take them for you or do you think they could be contaminated? I do hope you all don't come down with it and are better soon!

Cat

yes, i am definitely doing a little more than i should, but i don't care. it's my one cake for the weekend and it's a girl cake. from doing all those boy cakes.

OH Catlharper...that police car/fire truck cake is in my album! you wouldn't believe it...but i forgot the mother decorated cakes and my husband said that when we brought the cake in she showed a little jealousy in her face. plus, she did not REcontact me to make her daughter's cake icon_redface.gificon_lol.gif

catlharper Posted 28 Jan 2012 , 4:53am
post #10 of 14

OH! You remembered to share!! It's simply wonderful!!! I'm sorry she was jealous but you did amazing work and I'm sure her guests were wow'd!

I had something similar happen..I delivered a carved cake to a baby's 1st party and there was a huge sheet cake there. I gave the Mom a questioning look and she said she'd explain later. Well I JUST got a thank you note from her that said she was THRILLED with my cake and the other one was from her SIL who decided she just HAD to make a cake. Problem was that people didn't like her cake but polished off mine<G> so now the SIL is all bent outta shape! LOL! We'll see if I get the 2nd b'day cake...if the family feud has died down by then! LOL!

Cat

step0nmi Posted 28 Jan 2012 , 4:55am
post #11 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by catlharper

OH! You remembered to share!! It's simply wonderful!!! I'm sorry she was jealous but you did amazing work and I'm sure her guests were wow'd!

I had something similar happen..I delivered a carved cake to a baby's 1st party and there was a huge sheet cake there. I gave the Mom a questioning look and she said she'd explain later. Well I JUST got a thank you note from her that said she was THRILLED with my cake and the other one was from her SIL who decided she just HAD to make a cake. Problem was that people didn't like her cake but polished off mine<G> so now the SIL is all bent outta shape! LOL! We'll see if I get the 2nd b'day cake...if the family feud has died down by then! LOL!

Cat

that was the thing with me too! it was a very small party even though she wanted a stacked cake...and it was like just family there and they were OOOOOooing and Ahhhhing icon_lol.gif i felt kinda bad when i left too and really wanted to make her daughter a cake too cuz she was excited for her bro's cake also! oh well...can't win them all!

catlharper Posted 28 Jan 2012 , 6:53am
post #12 of 14

Ok, I'm off to bed now! Safe deliveries everyone! See you next week!

Cat

idreamincupcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
idreamincupcakes Posted 28 Jan 2012 , 12:50pm
post #13 of 14

I hope no one else gets it too, but that's not usually how it goes with three little ones. She was at school when I did all my baking and I was overly cautious bc I have a lingering cold. Unfortunately no one else attending is near.

catlharper Posted 28 Jan 2012 , 6:44pm
post #14 of 14

So the food is ok, just that you are needed at home with your sick baby? Is there a firestation or police station nearby you can donate them to? Hate to see them go to waste. Oh, some Senior Centers will allow it too.

Hope she is doing much better today. We've had our kids get sick at some bad times too...one Christmas our younger daughter was so sick we all cancelled Christmas until the next weekend..yup, we combined both Christmas and New Years together! LOL!

Crossing my fingers no one else gets it!

Cat

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%