Fondant Accents In Refridgerator

Baking By grama_j Updated 26 Jan 2012 , 9:30pm by DianeLM

grama_j Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grama_j Posted 26 Jan 2012 , 4:53pm
post #1 of 4

Okay.... one more time..... the FONDANT question..... I'm making some cupcakes with cream cheese icing, which of course, must be kept cold......... I want to use fondant accents. They are for my local fire dept. banquet....... some will be little dalmations, ( fondant ears and spots ) Some will have axes, some will have fondant flames........ Now....... I NEED to make them today...... will the fondant accents wilt before Saturday afternoon , or should I put them on just before delivery ? I'm REALLY cramped for time......... THANKS SO MUCH .......

3 replies
carmijok Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carmijok Posted 26 Jan 2012 , 5:05pm
post #2 of 4

I would put them on just before delivery. They'd be OK in the fridge, but when you take them out they get sticky as they come to room temp. They will dry, but it will take a while. I'd just keep 'em out and dry and ready to go when you are. It won't take that long will it?

grama_j Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grama_j Posted 26 Jan 2012 , 5:18pm
post #3 of 4

Well, I guess the only ones that would take any time is the dogs........maybe if I just leave the tongues and ears off until that morning, I would be okay.... I've got two sculpted cakes to go too, so I'm starting to panic........ LOL! THANKS for the quick reply !!

DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 26 Jan 2012 , 9:30pm
post #4 of 4

I assume your concern is the cream cheese icing breaking down the fondant decorations.

You could pipe a 'stick' to the back of each decoration with melted while chocolate and use that to stake the decorations in advance. The cream cheese won't break down the chocolate and the refrigeration will ensure everything stays firm until serving.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%