Decorating By mwatson77 Updated 24 Jan 2012 , 11:36pm by Serena4016

mwatson77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mwatson77 Posted 24 Jan 2012 , 8:34pm
post #1 of 3

Can you use a regular airbrush for cakes or are there special ones just for doing cakes?

2 replies
Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 24 Jan 2012 , 11:15pm
post #2 of 3

You can pretty much use any airbrush as long as it is new and never used before with other chemical paints.You have to be careful of the PSI though otherwise you can blow a hole in your icing if it is too high or if you get too close.

Serena4016 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Serena4016 Posted 24 Jan 2012 , 11:36pm
post #3 of 3

I use a "regular" airbrush. It is an artist's airbrush. A Badger dual action. Which means I can control the ink and air flow from the trigger. Pushing down , I get air...The more I pull the trigger back the more color I get. It also has 3 interchangeable heads and needles...extra fine, med. & large.

Quote by @%username% on %date%