Fondant Cake In Fridge?

Decorating By kendra_83 Updated 24 Jan 2012 , 5:32pm by kendra_83

kendra_83 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kendra_83 Posted 24 Jan 2012 , 3:11pm
post #1 of 4

I know fondant can't be placed in a regular refrigerator because of moisture problems so what do you do when you have one that has a filling that must be refrigerated? So far, I haven't had any orders for cakes with filling other than buttercream but I need to know what to do in case someone does ask for a mousse or fruit filling. Thanks in advance!

3 replies
cupadeecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupadeecakes Posted 24 Jan 2012 , 4:03pm
post #2 of 4

I put fondant cake in the fridge every week and I don't have any problems. The fondant will sweat a little when you take it out, but it will dry up in about an hour. If you're worried about bleeding/running (especially with dark colors or dark accents on a light cake) then put a garbage bag over the cake before you put it into the fridge. Just tape the edges of the bag to the sides of your cake drum.

BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 24 Jan 2012 , 4:19pm
post #3 of 4

If you cover well & seal the covering while it's at room temp and allow it to come to room temp again while still covered & sealed, it won't sweat & it'll be fine.

Rae

kendra_83 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kendra_83 Posted 24 Jan 2012 , 5:32pm
post #4 of 4

Thanks for your responses. I had a bad experience with cupcake toppers drooping one time so I was afraid to try a big cake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%