Cake Design And Deliver

Business By sole_ve Updated 24 Jan 2012 , 11:55pm by sole_ve

sole_ve Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sole_ve Posted 24 Jan 2012 , 2:34am
post #1 of 3

Hello everyone!

I am a new baker and new decorating cake, cupcake and cookies! and I found this my new passion!

So I have two questions!

1) When I have a request, it is good that I send pictures to the costumer? O Do I have to wait that the costumer send me the pictures of the cakes that she/he wants? With my relatives and close friends we search by internet some cake pics and we make one from many pics, taking one kind from one pic and other style from another one. What is you advice about this?

My other question is about delivery..

2) I usually decorated two tier cakes (10"/8") and I deliver them without any box.. just the cake.. so Can I find a large box for that? What suppose do I do?

Thanks in advance! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

2 replies
labmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
labmom Posted 24 Jan 2012 , 7:29am
post #2 of 3

I have found all sizes of sturdy boxes for delivery at the ups store and more recently at Walmart in the stationary section. I bought a box big enough for a 16in base board and I think the height wass at least 24 (cant remember right now) but it was 88 cents. And they had a big variety of sizes. The side of the cake box was slit so that the cake could just slide in.. and be taped. You can cut a window if you want and just put saran or glad wrap.
The very first time I ever used one of the boxes like this for delivery I had the cake top tier slide off due to a huge pot hole. I was able to save the cake and no one could tell anything had happened. Had I not had the cake in the box it would have been a ruined cake.. top tier falling on the bottom tiers.. but nope the box caught that top ...

Watch your walmarts... prices and inventory on the boxes are different. One was 88 cents for any size boxes up to 20 in base... and down to 12 in bases and yet another walmart had the same boxes and started at 2.88 still cheap to save the cake but still a big difference.

I am sure there are other places for boxes but these are good...and sturdy for any delivery.

sole_ve Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sole_ve Posted 24 Jan 2012 , 11:55pm
post #3 of 3

Ok Thanks so much! I live in Canada so, could be different stuff here, but for sure i will go there and take a look!!! Thanks =)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%