Cake Contest With My Friend

Baking By Elly919 Updated 24 Jan 2012 , 2:29am by idreamincupcakes

Elly919 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elly919 Posted 23 Jan 2012 , 5:20pm
post #1 of 3

Hi I am having a contest with my friend at the weekend what flavor should i do coz i want an exotic flavor but one people will like.

Thanks
Elly icon_smile.gif
[/b]

2 replies
kendra_83 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kendra_83 Posted 24 Jan 2012 , 12:52am
post #2 of 3

Pina Colada! Use a DH Yellow mix - add 1 c flour and 1 c sugar. In mixer, add 3 eggs, 1 can crushed pineapple, 1 c sour cream, 1/2 c. rum and 1 tbsp. coconut extract. Mix dry with wet. Kind of a riff on WASC. Everyone loves it. For the icing, make a traditional buttercream and add a little coconut extract and rum. You can add some shredded coconut and pecans as well but I find that not everyone likes the texture of coconut. I'm told this cake tastes like "vacation." and I agree I made cupcakes and put little drink umbrellas in them and they were a hit!

idreamincupcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
idreamincupcakes Posted 24 Jan 2012 , 2:29am
post #3 of 3

apple cake with a caramel bc
lemon cake champagne bc

MacsMom's combos:
Raspberry Truffle ~ Dark chocolate-raspberry cake filled with chocolate fudge & raspberry puree
Red Velvet ~ Rich red velvet cake with cheesecake filling
Tiramisu ~ Espresso infused butter cake with mascarpone-Kahlua filling, over a spread of chocolate ganache
Tuxedo ~ Layers of white & dark chocolate cakes filled with layers of white-chocolate truffle & rich fudge filling

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%