Chocolate Wrapped Cake Question?

Decorating By lovetobakecakes Updated 23 Jan 2012 , 7:10pm by costumeczar

lovetobakecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lovetobakecakes Posted 22 Jan 2012 , 11:54pm
post #1 of 4

Please forgive my ignorance ladies but I just wanted to ask a question. Can you decorate a chocolate wrapped cake with gumpaste decorations? For instance a flat stenciled image that is painted? Perhaps it might not work..Just thought maybe those of you rich with cake decorating knowledge would perhaps know the answer to this. I have looked over this site and googled it to death. Any answers would be greatly appreciated! Thank you ladies in advance icon_smile.gif

3 replies
mcarter2008 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcarter2008 Posted 23 Jan 2012 , 1:57am
post #2 of 4

I've never put gumpaste on a chocolate wrapped cake, but I would say that it would depend on the thickness of the chocolate as well as the weight of the gumpaste decorations. Sometimes it can be more helpful to experiment for yourself and see what works for you icon_smile.gif Good luck!

lovetobakecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lovetobakecakes Posted 23 Jan 2012 , 5:32pm
post #3 of 4

Thanks I am going to try with a 6 inch round this week and see what happens lol icon_smile.gif I wanted to do it for my sons bday cake so I will see how it goes. Thank you for replying!

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 23 Jan 2012 , 7:10pm
post #4 of 4

Sure you can...Just attach the gumpaste to the chocolate wrap with some melted chocolate and it ain't goin' nowhere. Just make sure you put it in the right place, because it really won't budge after the chocolate cools off.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%