It's Petit Fours, Not Pedophiles....my Sister Is A Goofball.

Decorating By KateLS Updated 22 Jan 2012 , 5:00am by KateLS

KateLS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KateLS Posted 21 Jan 2012 , 4:12am
post #1 of 19

So I was going to put this in General, but I couldn't see that category. So feel free to move me, Jan, if you need to. =)

So I told my sister I was going to make Petit Fours for her birthday, so I could try them out. She said she wasn't sure she wanted me to make them because it sounded too much like pedophiles. Good grief. Silly lady! I told her it was completely different and was spelled WAY differently.

Anyway, thought you ladies would appreciate how silly she was. =) And yes, I'm still doing them for her birthday. =)

18 replies
msthang1224 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msthang1224 Posted 21 Jan 2012 , 4:18am
post #2 of 19

LMBO.......OMG...thanks for this laugh, hilarious!!!

MarianInFL Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MarianInFL Posted 21 Jan 2012 , 4:33am
post #3 of 19

That reminds me of the time one of my kids thought "hors d'oeuvres" were "horse ovaries".

KateLS Posted 21 Jan 2012 , 4:34am
post #4 of 19

HaHaHa! Too funny!

msthang1224 Posted 21 Jan 2012 , 4:37am
post #5 of 19

LOL, you guys are on a roll, love it!!! Lmbooooo

KateLS Posted 21 Jan 2012 , 4:42am
post #6 of 19

Okay...I got to add another one. =) Not as funny, but it made me laugh.

We were about to head out somewhere and I told my kids to run to the bathroom before we left.

My eight year old said she didn't need to go. I told her I just wanted her to go empty her bladder so we don't have to worry about potty breaks.

Then she said, "But Mom!! I don't even have a bladder!"

=) Apparently, we don't use that word very often. =)

msthang1224 Posted 21 Jan 2012 , 4:43am
post #7 of 19

LMBOOOOOOOOO....OMG, that was tooo cute!!!! The things kids say,,,lol

cmehappy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cmehappy Posted 21 Jan 2012 , 11:24am
post #8 of 19

I love it! Thanks for sharing. icon_lol.gif

idreamincupcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
idreamincupcakes Posted 21 Jan 2012 , 1:22pm
post #9 of 19

lol funny!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarianInFL

That reminds me of the time one of my kids thought "hors d'oeuvres" were "horse ovaries".

hilarious icon_lol.gif

FlourPots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FlourPots Posted 21 Jan 2012 , 1:54pm
post #10 of 19

LOL...

I'd like to add one...

I was pouring a glass of Sprite in front of one of my nephews...he was very surprised because he knows I LOVE Coke and drink it constantly.

I said, "Oh I use to drink it all the time...in the can"

His eyes got huge and he yells, "YOU WERE IN JAIL???"

I couldn't stop laughing and explained that I meant the cans you drink from!

Rosiepan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rosiepan Posted 21 Jan 2012 , 1:57pm
post #11 of 19

Well I have a hubby who calls Tamazepam 'marzipan'.
He was telling someone about his acquaintence who was in a very bad state because of his addiction to 'marzipan' LOL. Doesn't matter how many times I tell him he just has this mental block in his head about it.

KateLS Posted 21 Jan 2012 , 2:09pm
post #12 of 19

LoL!!! Those are great! icon_smile.gif

nhbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nhbaker Posted 21 Jan 2012 , 2:35pm
post #13 of 19

here's a good one -

I recently took my 10 yo son for a massage of his neck and back because he's prone to migraines and was told that might help. We arrived a little early and the therapist had just finished doing a female client and said she'd be right with us she just needed to "flip" the bed (change the sheets, etc.) Well, being a kid, I guess my son took the word flip literally because on the way home he says to me, "mom, I know why she had to flip the bed" and when I asked why he said, "'cause the other side was for women and must have holes in it for their breasts to go in"

OMG! Got a good chuckle over that one!

theresaf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
theresaf Posted 21 Jan 2012 , 4:55pm
post #14 of 19

Those are funny! When we were younger, of course we'd have to wait for everyone to get to the table for dinner. One of my sisters was upstairs so my mother yelled out, "(my sister's name) will you grace us with your presence! Well she came downstairs and my youngest sister began to cry because she thought our sister was bringing PRESENTS! We still laugh about it today, well everyone but my youngest sister, ha!

Rosiepan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rosiepan Posted 21 Jan 2012 , 5:02pm
post #15 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhbaker

here's a good one -

I recently took my 10 yo son for a massage of his neck and back because he's prone to migraines and was told that might help. We arrived a little early and the therapist had just finished doing a female client and said she'd be right with us she just needed to "flip" the bed (change the sheets, etc.) Well, being a kid, I guess my son took the word flip literally because on the way home he says to me, "mom, I know why she had to flip the bed" and when I asked why he said, "'cause the other side was for women and must have holes in it for their breasts to go in"

OMG! Got a good chuckle over that one!

That's hilarious. I now have a mental image of that scenario LOL.
Reminds me of another time my hubby got his words in twist. After seein the physio for back injury, I asked how it went. He replied ok but I have to go back again as he wants to intimidate the muscles. I was in hysterics as I could picture the physio staring at his back with a mean look on his face saying,'you will get better or else!' he meant manipulate!!!!!!!
Mind you I was surprised he didn't recommend marzipan to relax his muscles though.Tee, Heee.

cmehappy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cmehappy Posted 21 Jan 2012 , 8:18pm
post #16 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosiepan

That's hilarious. I now have a mental image of that scenario LOL.
Reminds me of another time my hubby got his words in twist. After seein the physio for back injury, I asked how it went. He replied ok but I have to go back again as he wants to intimidate the muscles. I was in hysterics as I could picture the physio staring at his back with a mean look on his face saying,'you will get better or else!' he meant manipulate!!!!!!!
Mind you I was surprised he didn't recommend marzipan to relax his muscles though.Tee, Heee.

OH, wow that one made me cry! lol

SammieB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SammieB Posted 22 Jan 2012 , 3:39am
post #17 of 19

This is cracking me up. I love the threads I just have to read out loud to my husband when he wants to know why I'm laughing.

I'll chip in one. Once at my office a colleague and I were discussing a client over our in office chat. There was something the client had done to really get under our skin and my colleague typed, "Oh well, I guess we just take it as a grand assault." I thought about that, confused, then typed back, "Do you mean take it with a grain of salt?". "I'm pretty sure it's take it as a grand assault. You know, as in no big deal, just let it go." "On what planet is grand assault no big deal?! Buddy, I think you've got it wrong." We went back and forth until I typed in some links with common sayings. I guess he had just never typed it out before, and saying sounded close enough when you have a thick southern accent!

ladyren Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladyren Posted 22 Jan 2012 , 4:54am
post #18 of 19

Thank you so much for the laughs!

When I was growing up, we had a market on the corner owned by a wonderful elderly couple named Chuck and Fanny. They were like grandparents to the neighborhood children. Well, one day, my brother was not behaving andmy mother hollered, "Knock it off or I'll spank your fanny!" He burst out crying, and pleaded "No! Mommy don't spank Fanny!"

KateLS Posted 22 Jan 2012 , 5:00am
post #19 of 19

Oh my goodness. That's too cute.

I've also been reading all of these to my husband. =) We've been quite enjoying them. =)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%