I Need A Cake Idea For Teenage Boy

Decorating By EvieliciousCakes Updated 23 Jan 2012 , 1:24pm by farley4ohana

EvieliciousCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
EvieliciousCakes Posted 20 Jan 2012 , 5:19pm
post #1 of 9

Hello CC fans,

My nephew is having his 15th b day next month and he asked me to make him a cake! the problem is IDK what to do for a teenage guy! hes not into sports anything specific. hes a calm down to earth guy and thats my problem. i cant find a theme for him!! any idea pictures you might have PLESE HELP! this is my first nephew from 18 i have so its that much more special to me!

8 replies
farley4ohana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
farley4ohana Posted 20 Jan 2012 , 5:26pm
post #2 of 9

Does he like any certain book or tv characters? Favorite movie? I'm doing a cake for a 14 year old boy that loves reading the Hunger Games trilogy. So his will have the bird from the book on his cake.
Lots of luck!

AdalynL Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AdalynL Posted 20 Jan 2012 , 6:00pm
post #3 of 9

What does he like? Wrestling, video games, a certain animal, mystical creatures, anime...?

MsGF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MsGF Posted 20 Jan 2012 , 6:00pm
post #4 of 9

I have a 19 year old son who is a calm down to earth guy. He isn't into sports either but he does have a favorite shirt & shoe company, Metal Mulisha

It is a very cool looking logo. Maybe he would like that.

Check this link:

http://cakecentral.com/gallery/view/search/?searches%5B%5D=metal+mulisha

Good Luck!

Crikkitt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crikkitt Posted 20 Jan 2012 , 7:51pm
post #5 of 9

My teens love energy drinks. How about a Monster cake? Does he play Xbox? You could do an Xbox cake if he does?
http://cakecentral.com/gallery/1374143/monster-energy-drink
http://cakecentral.com/gallery/1906226/xbox-cake

MaurorLess67 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MaurorLess67 Posted 20 Jan 2012 , 8:11pm
post #6 of 9

I had the same problem for. My 16yr old Godson- the only info I got was that he liked rap music - some character named Drake- I had no idea who he WAS- sounded like a superhero to me- ha!! I actually asked his mother if the singer wore a cape- sounds like he should right? Lol!

Well, anyway I wound up making him an Ipod cake- super easy- 9x13 pan - black fondant- or buttercream was the only essential to have ordered ahead of time -although. I have seen them in white- I dont think they look as good as the black- I made all the buttons from gumpaste and fondant- it was a HUGE hit!! There are a lot of pics posted in the gallery- I haven't figured out how to post pics yet-ugh

Hope this helps
Good luck
Mo

MsGF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MsGF Posted 20 Jan 2012 , 9:48pm
post #7 of 9

All great ideas. He has to be interested in something. Ask his parents or friends for a few ideas. I'm sure it will come together.

Good Luck and Have Fun with It. Post pics.

EvieliciousCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
EvieliciousCakes Posted 22 Jan 2012 , 4:57am
post #8 of 9

Thanks for everyones ideas all very good! But, hes not into energy drinks, or shoes, no sports, x box, bands anything, now that i think about it my nephew is incredibly not into anything!! AAAHHH!

farley4ohana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
farley4ohana Posted 23 Jan 2012 , 1:24pm
post #9 of 9

Maybe just a stacked cake in his favorite flavor instead of a theme is what he'll like best. I can imagine it wouldn't be as exciting for you; not being able to do a more creative style cake. icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%