Rebake?

Decorating By FullHouse Updated 21 Jan 2012 , 3:58am by msthang1224

FullHouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FullHouse Posted 20 Jan 2012 , 2:33pm
post #1 of 2

I baked (2) 9" square layers and (2) 5" round layers of vanilla WASC. The 9" are fine, but the 5" rounds (which were in the oven almost as long as the 9") seem really moist and slightly fragile (sides crumbled a bit, no browning on sides or bottom. The tops was golden and sprung back, toothpick almost clean when I removed them from the oven, but once cooled seem different. I torted, leveled and filled and nothing looked underdone, but just really moist compared to they way WASC usual is (and compared to the 9" which is the same recipe). I did bake the 5" in my standard oven and the 9" was in convection. Could this account for the difference? I hardly ever use my 2nd oven for cakes. I need to cover the 5" with fondant and am worried that they might be too fragile. I just hate to rebuke since they look done when torted, just the moisture difference. Those of you who use standard ovens rather than convection, do your cakes come out like this (the color looks like the cakes you get from Sam's or grocery store).

1 reply
msthang1224 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msthang1224 Posted 21 Jan 2012 , 3:58am
post #2 of 2

Hi

I use a standard oven and WASC recipe and I have never had a problem with it crumbling or bring overly moist. Im a worry wort so for me, I would rebake mines bc I would hate to crumbcoat, ice and cover only to half to start over.

BUT, what you could do is try to crumbcoat and ice to see how it will be after that and then decide if you think it would hold up.

HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%