Question: I Didn't Sift The Sugar And Now...

Decorating By Lili5768 Updated 26 May 2013 , 2:33am by Lili5768

Lili5768 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lili5768 Posted 19 Jan 2012 , 7:13am
post #1 of 9

even after it's rested for a week, the fondant has hard, undissolved sugar in it! It's the gelatin and glucose kind and I had made a double batch, waaaaaaaah icon_cry.gif

Is there any way I can fix it? Thanks!

8 replies
Ballymena Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ballymena Posted 19 Jan 2012 , 7:24am
post #2 of 9

Good luck non that. I have a double batch in my freezer that won't get malleable.

Lili5768 Posted 19 Jan 2012 , 7:42pm
post #3 of 9

Thanks! I guess it's a loss...just thought since everyone on here has so many tips and tricks, that someone might have an idea...

Ballymena Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ballymena Posted 20 Jan 2012 , 8:57pm
post #4 of 9

I am going to experiment. I will defrost some of the reject fondant and mix it with chocolate clay. Might as well try, it's not good the way it is. I will let you know.

metria Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
metria Posted 20 Jan 2012 , 10:37pm
post #5 of 9

microwave it for a few seconds at a time to warm it up, then knead the heck out of it. if you find a clump, pinch it with your fingers and hopefully it will crumble and you can knead it back in.

dsilvest Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dsilvest Posted 20 Jan 2012 , 10:58pm
post #6 of 9

I agree with metria. Keep warming and kneading small sections. Break up or pick out the unmanageable lumps. I roll the piece out and check again for lumps that did not show up when kneading it. These are either squished or picked out. Form it into a ball when you are satisfied that is has no more lumps. It is ready to use.

Lili5768 Posted 21 Jan 2012 , 5:39am
post #7 of 9

Thanks Metria, Dsilvest and Bally! I;m going to try this, and good luck with your fondant Bally. I'll let everyone know how it turns out! icon_smile.gif

gidgetdoescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gidgetdoescakes Posted 21 Jan 2012 , 5:54am
post #8 of 9

could you mix small amounts in with modeling chocolate? Pick the big sugar particles out.....all I can think of....maybe warm a wee bit?

Lili5768 Posted 26 May 2013 , 2:33am
post #9 of 9

Thanks guys! I did the microwaving a little bit and then kneaded and was able to use it. I also rolled it out flat and that seemed to flatten out most of the sugar clumpys :)

I was able to save it. Thank you !

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%