Myom Of A Coin

Decorating By LisaPeps Updated 19 Jan 2012 , 6:42pm by LisaPeps

LisaPeps Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LisaPeps Posted 17 Jan 2012 , 4:39pm
post #1 of 6

I want to make my own mold of a Harry Potter replica coin. I aim to fill the mold with chocolate. I have access to silicone plastique ONLY. Does anyone know how I would go about this? I want the top of the mold to be even so that when I fill it with chocolate it'll be flat.

5 replies
JenniferMI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferMI Posted 19 Jan 2012 , 1:40am
post #2 of 6

Just press it into the mixed compound. Should work great.

Jennifer icon_smile.gif

LisaPeps Posted 19 Jan 2012 , 5:15pm
post #3 of 6

Thank you! I guess I just have to try and get it level when I push it in?

sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 19 Jan 2012 , 5:31pm
post #4 of 6

Lisa, once you press the coin in, place something flat like a cookie sheet over the mold and coin and press down. That should give you a flat even surface. The trick will be getting the coin out without damaging the mold. I've never made a mold before but that's the part I don't get yet.

BakedAlaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakedAlaska Posted 19 Jan 2012 , 5:34pm
post #5 of 6

After you make your mold with the silicone plastique, melt the chocolate, pipe (or spoon) it into the mold. Then, tap the mold on the counter to level out the melted chocolate before it sets. This should give you a flat side.

Then, you can put it in the freezer for 5 minutes to quickly set up the chocolate. It should pop right out of the mold.

Good luck!

LisaPeps Posted 19 Jan 2012 , 6:42pm
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by sillywabbitz

Lisa, once you press the coin in, place something flat like a cookie sheet over the mold and coin and press down. That should give you a flat even surface. The trick will be getting the coin out without damaging the mold. I've never made a mold before but that's the part I don't get yet.

I'm guessing (also hoping :S) that once the mould cures that the real coin will pop straight out. I'm hoping it won't damage the mould because by them it should be flexible enough to bend and pop it out. Fingers crossed...

Thanks for your help icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%