Did I Miss Something? No General Or Global Forum?

Lounge By curiegas Updated 18 Jan 2012 , 8:50am by curiegas

curiegas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
curiegas Posted 17 Jan 2012 , 10:47am
post #1 of 7

I can't see the general, Global, Makeyourmolds, or icing images(i think that is what it was called) forums. Did I miss something that these forums were taken off? I even tried checking being logged off and still can't see them.

Thanks,
Cecilia

6 replies
Ursula40 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ursula40 Posted 17 Jan 2012 , 11:14am
post #2 of 7

probably just a glinch, if you search them in the search, you can find the posts

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 17 Jan 2012 , 3:13pm
post #3 of 7

I don't see them either and since other forums have been moved around I assumed they were did away with or combined in to other areas?

Heath Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Heath Posted 17 Jan 2012 , 7:28pm
post #4 of 7

The vendor specific forums have been removed and the threads were moved into GENERAL.

Then a couple days later GENERAL was merged into CAKE DECORATING.

We are just gradually trying to consolidate and simplify the forums where it makes sense.

General was unnecessary as anything that does not fit into a niche topic should fit into Cake Decorating, since this is a Cake Decorating forum. Off topic items go in the Lounge.

The vendor reps are still members of the site and can still be contacted to answer your questions, it just became a problem where every vendor wanted a forum since some had one, and we did not want to be in a situation of favoritism.

You can still reach out to Dominic, Debbie, and Alan with your questions, though it may be better if you start a thread to also send them a PM letting them know you posted a question.

QTCakes1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
QTCakes1 Posted 18 Jan 2012 , 1:36am
post #5 of 7

That makes sense, though I did like the vendor forums, but I can see how after a while that would get a little crazy of more vendors came on here. Could there be just one section for all the vendors? That way they know to check there every now and then and it would be easier for everyone to find each other.

Heath Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Heath Posted 18 Jan 2012 , 7:23am
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by QTCakes1

That makes sense, though I did like the vendor forums, but I can see how after a while that would get a little crazy of more vendors came on here. Could there be just one section for all the vendors? That way they know to check there every now and then and it would be easier for everyone to find each other.

We can't really do that because then it invites all vendors to interact in an official way, even if we don't want them here for some particular reason. Having a neutral vendor area will just invite spam from vendors who do not know the rules.

curiegas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
curiegas Posted 18 Jan 2012 , 8:50am
post #7 of 7

Thank you for clarifying that. I hadn't been on in a while so I thought it was my computer.

Thanks,
Cecilia

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%