White Chocolate Buttercream

Baking By Leahmaria7981 Updated 16 Jan 2012 , 10:12pm by momd68

Leahmaria7981 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Leahmaria7981 Posted 16 Jan 2012 , 9:48pm
post #1 of 4

I'm looking for a good white chocolate buttercream recipe. One that would be good to ice cupcakes and have the consistency of a regular buttercream. I've tried a couple on the past and they are too thin. Anyone have a good one they would be willing to share?

3 replies
LisaPeps Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LisaPeps Posted 16 Jan 2012 , 10:05pm
post #2 of 4

Italian meringue buttercream + melted white chocolate... Amazing!! Just google an IMBC or Swiss Meringue Buttercream recipe (fromscratchsf) has a good one) and add cooled melted white chocolate to taste.

momd68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momd68 Posted 16 Jan 2012 , 10:10pm
post #3 of 4

I just used a recipe that I found on here that I used for my daughters bday cake over the weekend. It turned out wonderful. Went on the cake easy. I posted a pic of the cake I did in my photos. It is the Justin Bieber cake.

The recipe I found in the recipes here on cake central but don't remember who it was by:

6oz white choc. (I used guiradelli(?) white choc. chips
1/4 heavy cream
(mix these 2 together and microwave until melted) recipe said about a 1.5 min. but I needed more melting time at 10 sec. intervals)

While the choc. mixture was cooling:

I mixed:

1 cup butter
2lbs powder sugar.

I had to use almost 1/2 c extra cream to thin the buttercream mixture before adding the white choc. mix.

I had so many compliments at the party on how good it tasted. It was very easy to spread on the cake too. I have been using a buttercream recipe also found here on CC and I was having a very hard time getting it to cover the edges without it rolling off. With the white choc. buttercream recipe I had absolutely no problems whatsoever.

For the exact recipe you can do a search on recipes here on CC and I think it is the 2nd recipe.

momd68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momd68 Posted 16 Jan 2012 , 10:12pm
post #4 of 4

I just used a recipe that I found on here that I used for my daughters bday cake over the weekend. It turned out wonderful. Went on the cake easy. I posted a pic of the cake I did in my photos. It is the Justin Bieber cake.

The recipe I found in the recipes here on cake central but don't remember who it was by:

6oz white choc. (I used guiradelli(?) white choc. chips
1/4 heavy cream
(mix these 2 together and microwave until melted) recipe said about a 1.5 min. but I needed more melting time at 10 sec. intervals)

While the choc. mixture was cooling:

I mixed:

1 cup butter
2lbs powder sugar.

I had to use almost 1/2 c extra cream to thin the buttercream mixture before adding the white choc. mix.

I had so many compliments at the party on how good it tasted. It was very easy to spread on the cake too. I have been using a buttercream recipe also found here on CC and I was having a very hard time getting it to cover the edges without it rolling off. With the white choc. buttercream recipe I had absolutely no problems whatsoever.

For the exact recipe you can do a search on recipes here on CC and I think it is the 2nd recipe.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%