New Airbrush---Help Or Tips

Decorating By Jody130 Updated 17 Jan 2012 , 5:42pm by LisaPeps

Jody130 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jody130 Posted 13 Jan 2012 , 5:41pm
post #1 of 4

Got a Airbrush for christmas, and I really want to get started with it, any tips or hints for using it especially with buttercream.
Any tips would be great!
Thanks

3 replies
1cakeup Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
1cakeup Posted 17 Jan 2012 , 5:29pm
post #2 of 4

Hi! You and I are in the same boat! I got one for Christmas from my daughter. Actually two , a compressor and colors. The airbrush hand pieces are Master model G34 and G70. The G34 for is the regular chrome handpiece. The G70....I am clueless on... no instructions! I tried out the airbrush first on fondant covered cakes, I used the pearl luster and found that any oversprays really show up and also that lots of natural light help. Cleaning in between colors is a must. My second cake was interesting. I sprayed a car ( and I'm still learning on the settings) anyway, used just the regular blue color, and noticed the kitchen looking a teeny bit foggy haha! The airbrush worked fine on the car, but the setting caused excessive pressure??? and I discovered everything in my kitchen had a fine layer of blue. Took forever to clean up.. everything, my frig, cabinets, cords,walls, floor, sink, plantation b linds lol, you name it, it was covered!!
I will try and stay in contact with you, maybe we can learn together!

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 17 Jan 2012 , 5:39pm
post #3 of 4

There's a few airbrush DVDs available on the market for cake decorators and there is a wonderful website called "how to airbrush .com" (take out spaces.) They have wonderful tutorials on techniques. Hope that helps! icon_biggrin.gif

LisaPeps Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LisaPeps Posted 17 Jan 2012 , 5:42pm
post #4 of 4

Blow your nose after using dark colours lol!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%