Your Best Chocolate Cheesecake Recipes Please!!

Baking By Sarin Updated 12 Jan 2012 , 11:32am by scp1127

Sarin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sarin Posted 11 Jan 2012 , 8:35pm
post #1 of 5

Hey guys!

I plan on making a cheesecake for valentines day for my sweetie and I. I have never made a baked cheesecake before. And although I have mastered the no-bake version, I don't want to be messing around with a baked cake especially because the cost of the ingredients.

Anyway! I want something very tastey and creamy. And chocolatey! I don't mind richness (I actually love very rich desserts) but not too rich that you feel sick after a small piece, there will be cookies as well. I may or may not dye the batter red to give it a red velvet look to it.

I'm taking any suggestions as well if you have any advice for first time baked cheesecake makers!

Anyway, enough rambling. I really appreciate anything you guys can shoot my way. thumbs_up.gif

4 replies
Debbye27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Debbye27 Posted 11 Jan 2012 , 9:00pm
post #2 of 5

I just posted a recipe for incredible cheesecake yesterday or the day before- one of the variations is to add cocoa and a little more cream (I'd do about 1/2 c of sifted cocoa powder more or less to suit your taste). The texture of this cheesecake is exactly what you are looking for - creamy delicious and smooth. I'ts also easy to make...and if you top with a stabilized whipped cream (I add cocoa to this too), it will taste even better (can also use a chocolate cookie crust rather then oreo)

Debbye27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sarin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sarin Posted 11 Jan 2012 , 11:46pm
post #4 of 5

Hey there! I actually saw that recipe but am afraid to mess with it too much since I have NO idea what a baked cheesecake batter is suposed to look/feel like. I wouldn't know what to look for when subsituting the cocoa and adding the cream. But I'll definitely think about it.. it looks good!

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 12 Jan 2012 , 11:32am
post #5 of 5

I have a cheesecake tutorial that is unfinished but complete in information. I just need to add pictures. it will eventually go on my blog. A large part of my business is cheesecake. PM me if you are interested. If you follow the directions, you can make any cheesecake that is balanced. I don't have a complete chocolate cheesecake so I can't help you with the recipe. Mine has a brownie crust and chunks of brownie in it, topped with chocolate ganache.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%