Cake Class Question-What Does Everyone Take Supplies In?

Decorating By kconway Updated 13 Jan 2012 , 4:17am by Brendabeeper

kconway Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kconway Posted 11 Jan 2012 , 4:14am
post #1 of 8

I am new to cake decorating and am taking some classes this weekend and am not sure what I should take all of my supplies in so I was wondering if anyone can give me some suggestions as to what you use.Also, when the class says to bring a box, do you bring cake boxes or just any old box you have around the house? thanks for any suggestions!

7 replies
msthang1224 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msthang1224 Posted 12 Jan 2012 , 1:47am
post #2 of 8

Hi,

I usually take a container with a handle on it, I got several from my discount store (family Dollar, Dollar Deals) etc. they are not costly at all. they kind of look like toolboxes but they are clear/see thru.

I believe that you should take a cake box. Usually, the class instructor will give or suggest the size of the box depending on what the class will be doing. if its not a big project, i woyld take a reasonable size box ie: 10x5" or 12" sq box. but check with yr instructor.

Welcome to our Cake World icon_smile.gif Enjoy!

cookiemama2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookiemama2 Posted 12 Jan 2012 , 2:02am
post #3 of 8

My favorite is a fishing tackle box. It has adjustable sections, closes tight so nothing moves from section to section, great handle...

kconway Posted 12 Jan 2012 , 2:14am
post #4 of 8

thanks for your great ideas! that helped me a lot!
kim

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 12 Jan 2012 , 2:58pm
post #5 of 8

I'm a WMI so I have seen all kinds of ideas from the big reusable shopping bags, to laundry baskets and everything in between.

I have two rolling cart tool boxes I use for my classes. Got them at Home Depot for $33 and they work prefect for me.

I've learned that it really all depends on what all you need to take and what the items are.

As far as cake box vs other box, I am sure either will work. It is probably so you can get what ever you make home safe. Some other boxes are stronger than cake boxes.

msthang1224 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msthang1224 Posted 12 Jan 2012 , 4:50pm
post #6 of 8

Yr welcome, anytime icon_smile.gif

Cookiemama2: that's a cool idea, I didn't think of that one icon_smile.gif

kconway Posted 13 Jan 2012 , 4:06am
post #7 of 8

thanks everyone! I really appreciate it!

Brendabeeper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Brendabeeper Posted 13 Jan 2012 , 4:17am
post #8 of 8

clear storage box, 66 qt large enough to get most your stuff in one box. and clear see through

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%