Sticking Liners

Baking By mamakiddx3 Updated 8 Feb 2012 , 12:17pm by scp1127

mamakiddx3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamakiddx3 Posted 10 Jan 2012 , 7:36pm
post #1 of 3

Hi there,
I have been trying several different cupcake recipes and think I have finally found a good chocolate one. The problem is that they stick to the liners. The stick to the tops and when I try and pull them off the liners then it just pulls the cupcake apart. I have tried paper and foil ones. Does anyone have any suggestions on why this might be and maybe how to fix it? I really like the recipe. They come out really moist and delicious. Just can't get them to stop sticking around the top.
Thank you so much.

2 replies
DavidIM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DavidIM Posted 8 Feb 2012 , 10:45am
post #2 of 3

you could try using a cooking spray or cake release spray in the liner

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 8 Feb 2012 , 12:17pm
post #3 of 3

You shouldn't have to use cooking spray. It is one of three problems:

The liner is filed too high and the top is overflowing, causing the top to form a lip.

The liner is cheap and is sticking to the cupcake. But if this is happening with the foil liners too, then #3 is the possible answer.

You need a new recipe. Your recipe may taste delicious but the structure is unsound. Sometimes those great tastes don't come together in a form that will make a structurally sound baked good. For example, I have a recipe for gingerbread that uses stout. Many recipes for gingerbread use stout and taste very good. But this recipe is famous and has baffled even top chefs. A few have mastered it and they aren't sharing. It is still my goal to be one of the lucky ones, and I won't share either.

But my point is that if you have tried good liners and are not overflowing, then it may be the structure. I know from experience just how disappointing this is.

This is how I proceed from that point. I research, find, and print several similar recipes. Make sure you include ones that have certain ratios and ingredients similar to your favorite. Make sure one is a 5 star reviewed recipe. From here, you should be able to see what may be wrong with your recipe and keep the parts you like the most.

Good luck on your quest. These elusive recipes are so rewarding when you finally get it right and so frustrating when you can't. Luckily, the more you work on recipes, you have more luck than faiures.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%